• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Guido say's: Nominet Plans to Let Police Control UK Internet

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guido say's: Nominet Plans to Let Police Control UK Internet

Sminki

Nominet – the quasi-private entity which controls the .uk part of the internet - plans to allow the police to take down any website without recourse to the Courts. This is at the request of the Serious Organised Crime Agency.

Democratic open societies don’t let the police decide what is right and wrong.
    I'm so glad that HAB Inc is a dot com (not that it matters much).

I never expected much change with a new government, but they are begininng to become worse. I came back for family reasons and to have some health issues sorted out; both have now been resolved. This hanging around lark pretending to be poor for the sake of a legal case is looking like an increasingly stupid idea every day. A six figure pay-out would be nice, but I am asking myself is it worth it.

Time for some I think.
    How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
    Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

So Nominet take the site down, and the criminals use a .ru or .cn site instead, redirecting to a UK site referenced by IP address alone. Nominet can't take down IP addresses, can they?

Comment

Working...
    X