• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How do you get warm?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you get warm?

After a long hard day traipsing around I am pretty cold. That cold that gets in your bones. I could not be arsed to drive to Asda so as I was walking past the local shop I popped in to see what single malt whiskys they had. None. SFA. No surprise really.

So I settled for a blend Johhny Walker black label. Actually qwate nace.

So how do you get warm? Nice 'ot barf? Bit of snuggly buggly? Don your slanket?
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    After a long hard day traipsing around I am pretty cold. That cold that gets in your bones. I could not be arsed to drive to Asda so as I was walking past the local shop I popped in to see what single malt whiskys they had. None. SFA. No surprise really.

Central heating.

HTH
    Me, me, me...

Comment

I'm used to the cold (being from the heathen wastelands) but furry slippers and cats help.
      +50 Xeno Geek Points
      Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
      As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

I watched a 3D demo in a local Panasonic shop, which was nice and warm. Somehow 3D TV appears more 3D than real 3D. Walking around in thermals takes a bit of getting used to, because your hands and head can feel frozen while your core temperature can reach the point where you're going to sweat.

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
          I'm used to the cold (being from the heathen wastelands) but furry slippers and cats help.
          You make a slanket out of them?

Comment

You make a slanket out of them?

No, slippers. Their other (non-pedigree) names are Left and Right.
            +50 Xeno Geek Points
            Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
            As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

We have metal objects with pipes going through them, there is a pump that pushes hot water and they heat up the house.

Comment

Originally posted by markmm View Post
                We have metal objects with pipes going through them, there is a pump that pushes hot water and they heat up the house.
                How original.

Comment

Bath + red wine. Hot water is amazingly effective.
                  A fire (real or electric/gas) and sitting right in front so your face starts to singe.

Your Asda had no malts at all, in a proper supermarket that's unusual. Our Tesco has probably 50-100... probably nothing above £50 for proper snobs connoisseurs but plenty of decent 12/15-year olds.
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

After a hard day training, running across the fells and a two hour full contact cage fighting work out a the top of a mountain, I love nothing more than to relax in a hot bath with flower petals & a subtle bath oil with the smell of lavender.
                    What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                    X