• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cripes - Not long until the balloon goes up!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cripes - Not long until the balloon goes up!

Expats recalled as North Korea prepares for war

Top Chinese official makes abrupt visit to S. Korea amid tension over N. Korean attack

South Korea mourns marines killed by N. Korea, vows revenge

Japan Cabinet put on alert over North Korea

Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

But who is going to win???
    There's only one way to find out.............................FIGHT!!!!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

[QUOTE=OwlHoot;1237947] Expats recalled as North Korea prepares for war

Top Chinese official makes abrupt visit to S. Korea amid tension over N. Korean attack

South Korea mourns marines killed by N. Korea, vows revenge

Dont worry OWh - Ive seen your future - you will be just fine.

Listen - the snow is falling

Comment

Should we be concerned? Will there be mushroom clouds?
        Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
          Should we be concerned? Will there be mushroom clouds?
          No and no.

If anything we should be concerned about it's the picture that's not getting much light. The US is unlikely to play softly softly with NK if war breaks out for full well it knows Iran is watching.

If any NK warheads exist the yanks shall have each and every one of them targeted and made redundant in the first 5 minutes of war. If an advance on foot occurs I can't see the US and SK wasting the time with ground war, airstrikes will suffice. The whole thing shall be over a few days later with NK left worse off.
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
            No and no.

If anything we should be concerned about it's the picture that's not getting much light. The US is unlikely to play softly softly with NK if war breaks out for full well it knows Iran is watching.

If any NK warheads exist the yanks shall have each and every one of them targeted and made redundant in the first 5 minutes of war. If an advance on foot occurs I can't see the US and SK wasting the time with ground war, airstrikes will suffice. The whole thing shall be over a few days later with NK left worse off.
            Oh. I thought this essentially was US v China. Then all their mates turn up to the party. At the minute the US is effectively shoving them in the chest and going "yeah, fink you're hard do you?"

Just worried China and it's allies will just lay them out in one punch.
            Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

US and Sorth Korea begin military exercises

Well despite warnings from NK and the concerns from China, the US and SK are pressing ahead

Comment

WHS

It wouldn't be like the Germans marching into Belgium - South Korea has at least half the strength of the North Korean forces, and with the Yanks' help I imagine they could stop an incursion in it's tracks, although not without suffering a fair bit of damage.

edit: Someone recently prepared an interesting article Bluffer's Guide: North Korea strikes! (2009), referenced from a current thread on the ARRSE Forum
                Last edited by OwlHoot; 28 November 2010, 01:25.
                Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Easy lad

No need to panic, carry on as normal

Comment

No and no.

Aye.

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                    Oh. I thought this essentially was US v China. Then all their mates turn up to the party. At the minute the US is effectively shoving them in the chest and going "yeah, fink you're hard do you?"

Just worried China and it's allies will just lay them out in one punch.
                    Nope; in this case China is 'mates' with NK, but when it comes to 'putting up' they will say, 'steady on now do be a prat'.

China - NK might be a mate but is more of an most of the time.
                    How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
                    Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Working...
                    X