• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Should we raise penalties for cybercrime?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should we raise penalties for cybercrime?

I am starting to think all cybercriminals should be executed, it's not just that the money they take, it's the fact that their very existence causes so much time wasting.

Wasted well over an hour this morning checking into an apparently genuine email that a password had been changed. After checking my accounts for funny transactions I then had to search the net to see if it was a scam and then, as opinion seemed divided, checking the genuine bank site to make sure it was a real phone number before wasting 10 minutes on the phone to find out it seemed to be a technical glitch. Then back online to change all my passwords just in case.

These barstewards cost us umpteen billions and most of it is in wasted time that doesn't even figure in the stats. Time penalties for this crime were raised even further.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

You may have a point. People are executed for first degree murder, but that doesn't waste much time at all in comparison.

What about the Great Western Railway or whatever it is called now? That wastes a lot of time as well. A token executee every day wouldn't be missed from their burgeoning workforce.

Comment

Got phoned by bank. Apparently my old debit card was used to pay £10 phone top up at O2 and £12 from a transvestite underwear shop. He said these two purchases cropped up over and over again. Odd.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
      X