• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Maddest radio station saying

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maddest radio station saying

My local radio, Rock FM around Manchester has a recorded saying that gets aired fairly often.

It goes “Save a tree – Eat Beaver!” This is aired during daytime – last heard 2pm Sunday lunch time.

Are there any other airwave gems out there pop pickers?

Sort of in keeping with the thread and well worth a view if you like a bit of Alan Partridge:

Mid Morning Matters - North Norfolk Digital

Comment

Rock FM

...was what the coach driver played on the way to school what feels like every day for 7 years. Hated it hated it hated it. Do they still say "Keep it locked to the Rock"? I hated that in particular.

though "British or Dead" was a great title for the phone-in game.

Comment

Very widespread, very stupid, and very self-contred and rude: after a programme has been interrupted by news or whetever, the DJ saying "Welcome back". We haven't gone away anywhere, prat, you have.
        Job motivation: how the powerful steal from the stupid.

Comment

"Rock Radio, into The Nineties And Beyond"

*goes to try and find that album*

Comment

XFM (I think it was) used to have a jingle with a Stephen Hawking voicebox (the exact same model) saying "kiss my chocolate starfish"
            While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
              My local radio, Rock FM around Manchester has a recorded saying that gets aired fairly often.

It goes “Save a tree – Eat Beaver!” This is aired during daytime – last heard 2pm Sunday lunch time.

Are there any other airwave gems out there pop pickers?
              I think you'll find that's Rock Radio (106.1) and not Rock FM (97.4).
              Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

CayRock have loads.

e.g.

Quit complaining you live on an island who's main export is rum; and we're to drunk to know what No. 2 is.

Edit:

We think it's OK to shake it more than three times.

Quit complaining you live on an island where you can see girls in bikini's 12 months a year - shame there isn't thirteen months.

... brought to you by the station that smells like fish. But in a good way.
                Last edited by HairyArsedBloke; 1 December 2010, 16:25.
                How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
                Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Many, many years ago the local radio station had a jingle

<Deep dramatic over hyped intonation>
                  "Your world, as it happens 24 hours a day!"
                  </ddshi>

Considering it was Birmingham "Your World" seemed a bit OTT.

I wonder what BRMB stood for? And is it still going?
                  Jim is a Jedi! - Dara
                  Jim is EVIL! - Jenny Eclair

Comment

Originally posted by Wodewick View Post
                    I wonder what BRMB stood for? And is it still going?
                    It sure is. Apparantly BRMB isn't an acronym (contrary to popular belief). Instead, the original company, Birmingham Broadcasting Ltd., wanted something that combined a US-style call-sign with the company name.

Whatever. I don't listen to local radio, I'm allergic. I accidently caught a bit of local breakfast radio the other morning; it was absolute DURGE.
                    Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
                    +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Working...
                    X