• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cold calling the agents!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cold calling the agents!

Hello all,
    I am thinking of getting direct line numbers to the most offending agencies / agents, and start cold calling them. The following is a script that I am trying to develop. I have got unlimited landline calls as a part of my mobile bundle. So no cost to me. But I am sure I will get loads of entertainment for the time that I will invest. What say?

"Hello, I came across your job advert on a job board, and I have an exciting opportunity to make some commission. The candidate, is an excellent team player, and likes new challenges, and having written the CV myself, I think is an excellent match for the job. So just to make sure, that I am not applying to the same companies, because I dont want to spoil my relations with the companies, can you please provide me with the name of the client, and name of atleast 2 candidates that you have placed there? Also if you could tell me two companies that you have placed candidates for reference check purpose. This is just to make sure the agency/agent is well qualified, and I will not contact the companies without your approval.
    Okay, I think this is going to be a good opportunity for both of us, so I am going to forward you my CV for this job, and if you can send me an email confirming that you will send this to the client. Also if you can send me the last year's balance sheet for the agency, as to make sure you are financially sound before signing any contracts, that would be great!"

I wonder, how they will feel if they are made to swallow their own pill??

I'm sure they're quaking in their boots. In fact they're probably sh!tting themselves in abject terror as we speak.

You're so cruel.

Comment

Originally posted by rd409 View Post
      Hello all,
      I am thinking of getting direct line numbers to the most offending agencies / agents, and start cold calling them. The following is a script that I am trying to develop. I have got unlimited landline calls as a part of my mobile bundle. So no cost to me. But I am sure I will get loads of entertainment for the time that I will invest. What say?

"Hello, I came across your job advert on a job board, and I have an exciting opportunity to make some commission. The candidate, is an excellent team player, and likes new challenges, and having written the CV myself, I think is an excellent match for the job. So just to make sure, that I am not applying to the same companies, because I dont want to spoil my relations with the companies, can you please provide me with the name of the client, and name of atleast 2 candidates that you have placed there? Also if you could tell me two companies that you have placed candidates for reference check purpose. This is just to make sure the agency/agent is well qualified, and I will not contact the companies without your approval.
      Okay, I think this is going to be a good opportunity for both of us, so I am going to forward you my CV for this job, and if you can send me an email confirming that you will send this to the client. Also if you can send me the last year's balance sheet for the agency, as to make sure you are financially sound before signing any contracts, that would be great!"

I wonder, how they will feel if they are made to swallow their own pill??
      Agents are like Wagner. A necessary evil for the ratings but despised all the same.
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
      X