• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

iXBRL advice

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

iXBRL advice

I have an old "plan B" Ltd that doesn't meet the full definition of dormant but turns over less than £1000 a year. I've done my own accounts on it for several years with no trouble.

With iXBRL coming up, I was wondering if anyone here had any advice on solutions for creating accounts in this format. I can't use the HMRC pdf approach because I have some called-up-not-paid share capital, which it can't support.

As a techy I eat XML for breakfast so don't immediately fear a format like this, but all the advice google can give is "don't dream of trying to do it yourself".

Any suggestions?

Cheers

Matt

Sonds like a huge waste of time to do just for a dormant company's account.
    However as a skill for plan A or software for plan B (or C in your case) it sounds like a win.

Comment

Well, since I've just fired my accountant for the Plan A business, I could end up doing this for both of them... but in practice, it looks like TaxCalc is the way to go - they will convert an excel sheet for £25 or ten of them for £100.

Comment

Working...
      X