• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Value of your dead body

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Value of your dead body

In the boring Express article here:

Express.co.uk - Home of the Daily and Sunday Express | UK News :: Bungling doctors blamed as hospital death rates soar

There's a rather more interesting comment, DEAD BODIES HAVE A VALUE TO DOCTORS. Can't find anything on net to support his view but... it does not read like a loony's comment.

Whether that's true or not, the value of healthy body parts for science/medical uses is undoubted:

BBC - Horizon - How much is your dead body worth?

With money tight how long before Burke and Hare make a comeback or are they already here?
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    With money tight how long before Burke and Hare make a comeback or are they already here?
    Plan B - I want to be an arms dealer.
    Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
      In the boring Express article here:

Express.co.uk - Home of the Daily and Sunday Express | UK News :: Bungling doctors blamed as hospital death rates soar

There's a rather more interesting comment, DEAD BODIES HAVE A VALUE TO DOCTORS. Can't find anything on net to support his view but... it does not read like a loony's comment.

Whether that's true or not, the value of healthy body parts for science/medical uses is undoubted:

BBC - Horizon - How much is your dead body worth?

Load of pish.

Comment

Seems to be, mostly. Can't see any evidence of actual kickbacks although, as far as I can make out, hospitals which have made arrangements to remove a body might have to pay a fee to the contracted undertaker if a relative then uses a different one. So doctors might not be keen.

Although those as handsome as I am do worry do a bit now that they have face transplants.
        Last edited by xoggoth; 29 November 2010, 21:00.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

THey get money for doing a cremation form as they are required to check that the person has not been murdered before the burning gets rid of the evidence.

I dont think the medical schools really use body parts as much as they used to do and they never really had a shortage of Lib Dem types who want to do something for the common good with their body.

It's one of the downfalls of the internet, people allowed a soapbox to spout absolute pish and pass it off as fact. The guy that wrote that probably has not washed his pants in 6 months and pesters young girls at bus stops.

Anyway, I have a shipman story...

But it's not for the public forum.

Comment

Working...
          X