• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Older Women at Work

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Older Women at Work

I struggle to be able to get to grips with how to deal with 'older' ladies these days.

At my current place of work, I'm surrounded by women of an age group that I have always treated with a certain condescending deference. For example, when offered a cup of tea I say "Ooh, yes please!" as opposed to "yeah, thanks" which would be my response to anyone else making the offer.

The looks I get from these women as I am conversing with them are quite withering. This led me to think about the situation; these women may be grannies but not of the benign, cake baking variety. These are a generation poisoned by Germane Greer and her ilk and are more interested in getting their clitties pierced than rustling up a nice Dundee cake.

I lament the demise of the Great British Granny.
    Last edited by gricerboy; 30 November 2010, 13:54.

I'm growing quite fond of this sockie.
    Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
    +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

0/10

This post doesn't have any of the usual Gricer 'humour'. Are you sure you meant to use this sockie?

Comment

Probably meant to log in as the puppet master.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

There's a faint wiff of Wilmslow in here somewhere.

Not Gricer's usual form IMHO.

Comment

Good for them. Who wants to talk about cake when you can talk about clitties and stuff?
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by gricerboy View Post
              These are a generation poisoned by Germane Greer and her ilk and are more interested in getting their clittys pierced than rustling up a nice Dundee cake.

Have you actually asked them if their clitties are pierced?

I can imagine it to be a great conversation starter
              How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

I dont mean to be picky, but this is a classic example of 'post - creep'.

title is about older women at work, the substance is about intimmate body piercings and Australian feminists, and the summary is about that great British institution - the traditional granny.

It is a disaster of a post.

come on sockpuppet Gricer, focus, get it together and stop this post-creep

(\__/)
                (>'.'<)
                ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by gricerboy View Post
                  I struggle to be able to get to grips with how to deal with 'older' ladies these days.

At my current place of work, I'm surrounded by women of an age group that I have always treated with a certain condescending deference. For example, when offered a cup of tea I say "Ooh, yes please!" as opposed to "yeah, thanks" which would be my response to anyone else making the offer.

The looks I get from these women as I am conversing with them are quite withering. This led me to think about the situation; these women may be grannies but not of the benign, cake baking variety. These are a generation poisoned by Germane Greer and her ilk and are more interested in getting their clitties pierced than rustling up a nice Dundee cake.

You are the one with a problem
                  Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Clitties? you mean there is more than one? I thought I knew everything there is to know about the bearded clam, including where the mythical G spot is. Does that explain why Mrs Singh is often heard to say 'Is that it?'

Comment

Working...
                    X