• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why no arrests ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why no arrests ?

Have I missed something in the news these past few days ?

I have heard no reports of any arrests of those "mad muslims" who committed various crimes including incitement to murder.

Are the politicians and media hoping we have all forgotten ?

No - they're all too busy pandering to the minority...

Minority rights rool - join one today!!!

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

I was even bemused to see that the parliamentary committee looking into the problems supermarkets, such as Tescos, were causing, spent quite a bit of time discussing how these chains are creating problems for minorities who wish to buy food not up to the UK's minimal food standard laws.

Un-freakin-believable.
      Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
      threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Well spotted eternalnomad.

No there haven't been any arrests as far as I can tell.

The police statement immediately after the demos about not wanting to add to a tinderbox were rational. However the owness was and still is on them to make good their assurance that arrests would follow once calm resumed.

The politicised Police are getting the nack of spin. Did they ever have any intention of enforcing the law. That remains to be seen.

Comment

As the police said at the time, enforcing the law is in fact one of their secondary duties. Preventing a breach of the peace was the primary consideration on the day, hence the arrest of two journalists who had a copy of the cartoons and a van driver who stopped to ask the police why they weren't arresting any of the demonstrators.

It's only fair you know.

P.S.
          I'm pleased to see that my hypno-ray satellite is having its desired effect in my attempt to take control of your world. You only have to go over to the Accounting forum to see for yourself. It's carnage in there.

Comment

Originally posted by BobTheCrate
            However the owness was and still is on them to make good their assurance that arrests would follow once calm resumed.

It's either onus or own arse, one of the two...

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Originally posted by BobTheCrate
              Well spotted eternalnomad.

No there haven't been any arrests as far as I can tell.

The police statement immediately after the demos about not wanting to add to a tinderbox were rational. However the owness was and still is on them to make good their assurance that arrests would follow once calm resumed.

The politicised Police are getting the nack of spin. Did they ever have any intention of enforcing the law. That remains to be seen.
              Onus
              or Anus if you prefer.

damn beat me to it RW
              Last edited by sasguru; 15 February 2006, 13:25.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Well there has been an arrest...but that was because the convicted druggie made it easy for the police to put him away (since he broke his parole conditions)

There will be no further arrests...mark my words!

Mailman

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                  owness == onus...

Sorry to be late, I've been etching PCBs...
                  With your own urine?

Comment

When spashed onto a lab coat it does look real good, in that kinda way.
                    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Working...
                    X