• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Student Demo - Really don't care about your poxy Geography degree

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Student Demo - Really don't care about your poxy Geography degree

Are the police being too nice? Nelson's Column defaced. Masked Geography students.

Is this the quiet middle class revolt. I remember students taking place in the poll tax riots in the late 80's. I thought those around me were ******* then as well.

You don't get something for nothing. The days of being a pathetic lech and drain on society are over. Get used to it, get a work ethic, get a job!

Student Nelson's Column protest | The Sun |News

I know where the CUK Chrimbo holiday break should be....
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Is your sore finger making you grumpy?

Comment

The ****ers are the ones that encouraged all kids to go to university (which is why everyone now has to pay). Most of them are not up to it but you can't blame them for getting annoyed.
      +50 Xeno Geek Points
      Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
      As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
        The ****ers are the ones that encouraged all kids to go to university (which is why everyone now has to pay). Most of them are not up to it but you can't blame them for getting annoyed.
        Yup. I don't think uni is for everyone, but this generation has already done enough to bugger things up for the next.
        Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
        +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Ask grads from the US about the level of fees in the UK and they will laugh; and that is for an inferior product.

Make 'em pay an economic rate for their education up front and no grad taxes etc.

HAB in "I'm alright Jack; the state paid for my degree in the 70's/80's" mode.
          How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
          Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
            Ask grads from the US about the level of fees in the UK and they will laugh; and that is for an inferior product.

Make 'em pay an economic rate for their education up front and no grad taxes etc.

HAB in "I'm alright Jack; the state paid for my degree in the 70's/80's" mode.
            Thought of you on my recent trip down under - kept walking past Woollybutt Road

Comment

I went to Uni off my own back. I saved up a few years first, about £5k. Then went. Had to pay towards fees. Took out student loan and came out owing £10 in bank loans and student loan.

Took me 4 years until to pay off. But for me it was a burden I wanted shot of.

I pissed it up the 1st 2 years Uni, did a year out in 'puters and worked my arse off in year 4 only to screw it up!

University is not a right. It's not right for all people. I learnt a lot and to be honest have been successful because of it, so have no issue paying tax!

But it's only right for a few. Let's get back to that.
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                I went to Uni off my own back. I saved up a few years first, about £5k. Then went. Had to pay towards fees. Took out student loan and came out owing £10 in bank loans and student loan.

Took me 4 years until to pay off
                Jeezus MF. Your first few contracts must have been at a pants rate. What were you doing, making the tea for benesy while he was changing tapes?

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
                  Thought of you on my recent trip down under - kept walking past Woollybutt Road
                  How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
                  Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                    Are the police being too nice? Nelson's Column defaced. Masked Geography students.

Is this the quiet middle class revolt. I remember students taking place in the poll tax riots in the late 80's. I thought those around me were ******* then as well.

You don't get something for nothing. The days of being a pathetic lech and drain on society are over. Get used to it, get a work ethic, get a job!

Student Nelson's Column protest | The Sun |News

I know where the CUK Chrimbo holiday break should be....
                    I think a lot of the anger it at the liberal democrats, they promised not to raise fees and won seats on the basis of that promise. As soon as Clegg got a sniff of power the promises he made were ditched. I think they have the right to demonstrate.

Comment

Working...
                    X