• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Worst commute of the week?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Worst commute of the week?

Motorway bump with a lorry…..

On the M606 slip road to the M62 on Monday afternoon – left work at 2:30 for a 4pm dentist visit.

The M62 turned out to be closed until 7:30pm a few junctions along.

Meant stop start traffic.

Lorry did not see me as my car was joining, so went into the side of me.

Thankfully I was stationery, and he said ‘Sorry I did not see you’ – he was in a hired cab and not familiar with it, so complete liability accepted.

Thankfully got a loan car, but really not a happy person – there is something wrong about driving a car full of repaired panels and body filler, but merficully no injuries.

Got home at 9pm by the time the motorway re-opened.

M3 Closed.
    M25 in turmoil.

No billing for MF today!
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

We've got about 14 inches of snow now and it hasn't stopped snowing for over a week and the roads are all open and traffic moving.

Southern poofs.

Comment

Took me 5 hours to get home from London last night, including a 3 hour walk as the line was blocked by several broken down trains. Who said working in an office meant you got no exercise??!
        It's about time I changed this sig...

Comment

Dunno what all the fuss is about.
          I left home at my usual time and even got back early!!
          However, I didn't actually make it into the office having spent the past 7 hours sat in tailbacks
          Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post

Thankfully I was stationery.
            Gummed or un-gummed?
            Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
              We've got about 14 inches of snow now and it hasn't stopped snowing for over a week and the roads are all open and traffic moving.

Southern poofs.

WHS. I had to leave my car stranded on a hill trying to get in yesterday morning, so got it moved to my mates house, just over a mile away. Strapped small child to rucksack carrier at 06:15 today and walked to the car in the snow.
              Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
              +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post

M3 Closed.
                M25 in turmoil.

No billing for MF today!
                Left home 1/2 hour early, bombing out of London on M3

M3 Closed between junctions 2 & 3 due to jack-knifed lorry, so had to zoom round M25, up M4 to Junction 10, then take the A road past Bracknell and Bagshot, rejoining M3.

Arrived at clientco 1/4 hour later than usual, to find everyone else in team has stayed at home.
                Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Fuc£ing jack-knifed lorries this morning can't they fuc£ing well learn to drive or if not just stay away when it snows!
                  "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                    Left home 1/2 hour early, bombing out of London on M3

M3 Closed between junctions 2 & 3 due to jack-knifed lorry, so had to zoom round M25, up M4 to Junction 10, then take the A road past Bracknell and Bagshot, rejoining M3.

Arrived at clientco 1/4 hour later than usual, to find everyone else in team has stayed at home.
                    Not bad.

Going to head up to Uxbridge tomorrow. 35 mile trip. Probabvly leave at 7am to make sure.
                    What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                    X