• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Absolutely Crestfallen

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Absolutely Crestfallen

I have received some very disappointing news regarding my prospective membership of the Rotarians. In short, my application, on this occasion, has not been successful. I can't begin to tell you how upset I've been over the past few days; indeed, It's taken until now for me to muster up the gumption to type this post.

You will recall that I recently enjoyed what I had perceived to have been a very impressionable meal with my local Rotary Club in which I delivered some very salient comments at appropriate junctures throughout the course of the meal. For example, complimenting Lt. Col. Ashton Wicket on serving a Mosel before the Claret. Regrettably, these were undone by a number of faux pas and gaffes. These being:
    • Filling my water glass with wine
    • Tilting my soup tureen toward me rather than away
    • Holding my knife like a pen
    • Cutting the "nose" off the brie

More devastating was Malc's reactions to the Lt. Col's speech impediment. Each time he uttered the word "Wotarian", Malc failed to stifle his childish guffawing and this did not go unnoticed.

As a consequence, Malc and I are on non speakers. Indeed, as an act of spite, Malc hacked into my CUK account yesterday and posted a vulgar, sexist, ageist thread in my name. I will NOT be among the congregation in Church on Sunday to listen to him read the lesson.

In the meantime, I'm off to brush up on my etiquette in the hope that one last push will get me that holy grail of Rotarian membership.

Much better. I assume yesterday was just a blip where you accidentally logged in using the sockie account instead of the puppet master.

Edit: I see you've actually tried to blame it on Malc.

Comment

Bazza gets caught
      Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

We are watching the death of a sockie. a very poor one at that.

Comment

Originally posted by gricerboy View Post
          I have received some very disappointing news regarding my prospective membership of the Rotarians. In short, my application, on this occasion, has not been successful. I can't begin to tell you how upset I've been over the past few days; indeed, It's taken until now for me to muster up the gumption to type this post.

You will recall that I recently enjoyed what I had perceived to have been a very impressionable meal with my local Rotary Club in which I delivered some very salient comments at appropriate junctures throughout the course of the meal. For example, complimenting Lt. Col. Ashton Wicket on serving a Mosel before the Claret. Regrettably, these were undone by a number of faux pas and gaffes. These being:

More devastating was Malc's reactions to the Lt. Col's speech impediment. Each time he uttered the word "Wotarian", Malc failed to stifle his childish guffawing and this did not go unnoticed.

As a consequence, Malc and I are on non speakers. Indeed, as an act of spite, Malc hacked into my CUK account yesterday and posted a vulgar, sexist, ageist thread in my name. I will NOT be among the congregation in Church on Sunday to listen to him read the lesson.

In the meantime, I'm off to brush up on my etiquette in the hope that one last push will get me that holy grail of Rotarian membership.
          The vegetarian option.

Comment

Originally posted by kandr View Post
            We are watching the death of a sockie. a very poor one at that.
            I'm in no mood to be abused by some johnny come lately juvenile berk such as yourself. The banality of your posts surpasses even that of Milan bloody Benes. God speed the day you are banned for good.

Comment

I'm in no mood to be abused by some johnny come lately juvenile berk such as yourself. The banality of your posts surpasses even that of Milan bloody Benes. God speed the day you are banned for good.
              In other news, AndyW accuses Christopher Hitchens of being inarticulate.

Last edited by kandr; 1 December 2010, 11:50.

Comment

Originally posted by kandr View Post
                In other news, AndyW accuses Christopher Hitchens as being inarticulate.

Come on MF, concentrate! I know you've got a dodgy finger but FFS!

Comment

Cutting the "nose" off the brie
                  Lol - only became aware of this particular faux pas myself recently.

Comment

Great stuff gricer. Quality posting.............keep it up!!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Working...
                    X