• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

CUKs Ignore a Gricer for Christmas campaign

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CUKs Ignore a Gricer for Christmas campaign

During this year’s festive season I am calling on all fellow CUKers to take a moment and reflect on their good fortune and to consider how lucky they are not to be part of British society’s forgotten losers. There is a minority within our country that has seemingly been cast aside to live as untouchables.

Their cause is not championed by the traditional charities; the Salvation Army views them with disdain. There is no Wogan telethon pledge-drive to help them. These people, and they are people, just like you and I (well almost) have been forced out of modern society because of their beliefs. Their long held and traditional ideals that urinating from a moving train is acceptable behaviour and that Nazi salutes have a place in everyday interaction has caused them to be shunned by society as a whole. How can we call ourselves civilized and expect to be held aloft as a model of tolerance by others if we continue to allow these ‘people’ to live like this.

These unfortunates have no wives or girlfriends, no friends to give them a shoulder to cry on. They are destined to a life where their tears flow down yellow waterproofs eventually smudging their ink and semen stained notepads.

So this year CUKers lets help make a difference. If we all take time to ignore their posts on internet forums it will give them, the gricers, the opportunity to do so much more with their lives. No more will they be forced to recant made up stories of days out travelling the length of the country in a vain effort to be part of society. No longer will they feel the need to publish invented tales of trying to ingratiate themselves into the Rotarians inner circle. Maybe, just maybe, if given the gift of time they may well one day realise that they too have a place amongst others.

Let us work together to free them from their bondage of daily postings. As a group we can make a difference and even if we save just one of these creatures it will be worth the sacrifice. I must admit that I too crave the exquisite pleasure of heaping abuse on these sad specimens but in my heart I know it’s wrong. We should be sending a clear message that we, the CUK community, want them to do something else, so much more, with the short time they have in life.

So, I implore you all to do your bit to help build a better life for these morons. Remember the old saying, abuse a gricer today and he’ll post tomorrow, ignore him and he’ll f#ck off.

Lets make a difference. Start by ignoring just one post and you’ll feel liberated.

Thank you
    Last edited by Pondlife; 1 December 2010, 12:15.

WTF is "distain"?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
        WTF is "distain"?
        Meant disdain.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
          Meant disdain.
          Write it out 100 times before dawn or i'll cut your balls off!

Comment

Write it out 100 times before dawn or I'll cut your balls off!

Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
            +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Write it out 100 times before dawn or i'll cut your balls off!
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post

****, ****, f*ckity **** ****!

I hate it when that happens.

It makes me really glum!

Comment

Gricer and Kandr obviously trying to get the other banned. Starting threads with the others name, calling for bannings, spamming the board. All of those a banning offence for certain posters. RH unable to
                find a reason to ban!

I say it again RH. You're inconsistent with your interpretation of the modding rules.
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                  Gricer and Kandr obviously trying to get the other banned. Starting threads with the others name, calling for bannings, spamming the board. All of those a banning offence for certain posters. RH unable to
                  find a reason to ban!

I say it again RH. You're inconsistent with your interpretation of the modding rules.
                  Where have I started a thread trying to get others banned? Also where have I spammed the board? Please don't throw me in with the other sockies/trolls, my posts are on topic. Do I post more than others? Yes, Is that against the rules? No.

Comment

Fair idea Pondlife. I may well go with it

Comment

Working...
                    X