• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Royal Mail is actually starting to effect my business...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Royal Mail is actually starting to effect my business...

We've had no mail since last Friday, nadda not even the spam has made it through.

We know we have mail sent to us from the beginning of last week... it's frustrating.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

They are a bunch of thieving postmen who can’t even read numbers and street names, Sometimes they even get the wrong city. If the Paddy Party got to power I would execute 100 of them as an example. (I bet they already do that in China)
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      We've had no mail since last Friday, nadda not even the spam has made it through.

We know we have mail sent to us from the beginning of last week... it's frustrating.
      BBC News - Snow and ice causes disruption as cold spell continues

HTH

Comment

Tell me about it. We use a PO BOX for my plan B and it is the inconsistency that is so annoying. Sometimes items that were posted the previous day arrive the next day and others do not arrive for 4/5 days for no reason at all. (Before the bad weather and during)

Comment

affect

Comment

No it's effect.

The snow is affecting the delivery of mail.

My business is being effected by this change.

Back school you
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

No it's effect.

The snow is affecting the delivery of mail.

My business is being effected by this change.

Back school you

Not quite. Your business can effect a change, but your business is being affected by a change.

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post

Not quite. Your business can effect a change, but your business is being affected by a change.
                He's a Scot.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                  They are a bunch of thieving postmen who can’t even read numbers and street names, Sometimes they even get the wrong city. If the Paddy Party got to power I would execute 100 of them as an example. (I bet they already do that in China)
                  Ours aren't too bad.

The royal mail and the posties where I used to live did make me feel suspicious though.
                  Every time a parcel (e.g. from amazon) arrived it would have a cunning little rip down the side of the box, large enough to see if there were any iPods or expensive goodies inside. To their disappointment we are fairly boring online shoppers and only really order books, so nothing was ever lost.

Comment

What's your business Scooter? Plan B or main focus?

Our post has surprisingly been fine so far. The van struggled onto the estate until yesterday, I think he dumped it further away and walked today.

Do posties get paid hourly though? If they don't work do they still get paid? Same goes for binmen actually... they haven't been but to be honest I really don't blame them because if a bin-lorry gets stuck on a little residential street, they're a bit screwed.
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                    X