• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Smoking Ban

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smoking Ban

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/spl/h...ban/html/1.stm

Like the look of Eleanor Creasey, 20, The Wirral.

Paul Reid, 49, chef, Knutsford

I think it's very much a good idea because I don't smoke, so it's fabulous.
    Paul Reid, 49, chef, Knutsford, IQ 70

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Anne Power's more my type! Take out the teeth woman!
      If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

New trend emerges in UK - "Extreme Smoking"

Comment

Will someone PLEASE think of the CHILDREN!

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by eternalnomad
            It must be nearly opening time and this guy is getting one in before the landlord shouts "first orders"

Comment

Damned good thing too and long overdue! High time these selfish arrogant gasbags were hounded out of the pubs. Send them home to pollute the airspace. I intend to use the pubs far more often when I can go in there and not come out smelling like an ashtray!
              I suppose NL finally had to get something right although allegedly this all-encompassing ban will not extend to the Houses of Parliament. How convenient!
              “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy
                Damned good thing too and long overdue! High time these selfish arrogant gasbags were hounded out of the pubs. Send them home to pollute the airspace. I intend to use the pubs far more often when I can go in there and not come out smelling like an ashtray!
                I suppose NL finally had to get something right although allegedly this all-encompassing ban will not extend to the Houses of Parliament. How convenient!
                You bloody fascist!

You make me ashamed to be Irish.

You'll be banning Guiness in bars next, I suppose.

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman
                  You bloody fascist!

You make me ashamed to be Irish.

You'll be banning Guiness in bars next, I suppose.

Actually Ireland has had a smoking ban since March 2004 and the overall result has been positive. The world didnt end, pubs didnt go out of business and the government wasn't overthrown in a popular uprising. Which was nice.
                  "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB
                    Actually Ireland has had a smoking ban since March 2004 and the overall result has been positive. The world didnt end, pubs didnt go out of business and the government wasn't overthrown in a popular uprising. Which was nice.
                    Yes - was a joke Dave.

Comment

Working...
                    X