• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dinosaurs

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dinosaurs

Wasn't it nice to see those old rock dinosaurs, The Who, and The Pink Floyd, blowing away the kids on Saturday.

Kept the best 'til last...

I haven't seen the footage yet (got it on video). How did the Floyd sound with the classic line-up back again?

Comment

Pretty good, with The Who, about the only thing worth listening to in my opinion.

It was the abreviated version of Comfortably Numb (shorter than the orginal Wall LP).

Comment

It was the abreviated version of Comfortably Numb (shorter than the orginal Wall LP).
        Just one song? Who sang; David, Roger or a mixture of both?

It's a shame they aren't interested in producing new material. I'm glad I went to see them back in 1994, as that was probably the last tour they will ever do.

Comment

a brill version

of 'money'. it raised hair on the back of my neck watching the guys pull out the stops after such a long time. and to think i have one of gilmour's old guitars too!

Comment

Re: a brill version

Four(?) songs.

Comfortably Numb was the last one.

They sounded very very good compared with the acts that went on earlier.

And it was satisfying to see all four on the one stage.

Presumably the last we'll see of PF...

Comment

Presumably the last we'll see of PF...
              I think you're right. Dave Gilmour has stated on several occassions that he isn't interested in the Floyd; it's too big. These days he just wants to play guitar in smaller venues, which is why he is usually spotted playing guest guitar with other 'stars'.
              The only one with any drive left is Roger. At least he still produces albums and occassionally tours, but being such a perfectionist it takes him about eight years to release each album.
              I really can't see Gilmour and Waters being able to collaborate with each other after so much history and being used to working in their own way for the past 20 odd years. Pink Floyd really ceased to exist after 'Dark Side of the Moon'. After that they stopped being a group and became a collection of individuals.

Comment

Oooooooooer.

That was a nice little earner.

Just seen on Ceefax that Floyd sales are up 1300% since Live 8...

Comment

The Who

It didn't register when originally posted, but how can The Who perform with only two members? It would be like McCartney and Ringo getting together and calling themselves The Beatles.

Comment

Re: The Who

I saw Rodger Waters at Glasto 2002 and his set was absolutely no different to the Live8 lineup even down to the videos. The Who, what can be said, I'd fallen asleep since Velvet Revolver, Absolute class, the best performance of the day.

It didn't register when originally posted, but how can The Who perform with only two members
                    The two most important members, basists and drummers you are the weakest link goodbye

Comment

Working...
                    X