• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bored out of my brain....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bored out of my brain....

I live the furthest away at 60 miles.

I am the ONLY member of my team who has actually made it in.

Had loads of meetings, all cancelled due to snow. Not that there is any snow to speak of on the M62.

Very soul destroying.

Think I will get a nice quiet lunch when the canteen opens at 11:30 then bugger off home to annoy my neighbour.

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post

Had loads of meetings, all cancelled due to snow. Not that there is any snow to speak of on the M62.

Very soul destroying.

Think I will get a nice quiet lunch when the canteen opens at 11:30 then bugger off home to annoy my neighbour.

As I understand it you are a permie? So you get paid even if you don't make it into work? All your colleagues have taken the day off because of the snow? You risked your life travelling in through the snow?

Comment

Originally posted by kandr View Post
        As I understand it you are a permie? So you get paid even if you don't make it into work? All your colleagues have taken the day off because of the snow? You risked your life travelling in through the snow?
        Well, at least the truck drivers get chance to have another go at mowing him down on his way home. See, every cloud etc...

Comment

Think I will get a nice quiet lunch when the canteen opens at 11:30 then off to bugger my neighbour.
          Try that for some entertainment
          Growing old is mandatory
          Growing up is optional

Comment

Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
            Try that for some entertainment
            Well that certainly would annoy her
            "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

If you want to get on in Permieville, you must lose those last vestiges of contractor mentality that are hanging on like clinkers. Stay home, you are entitled.

Comment

Originally posted by kandr View Post
                Exactly my point. Roads all clear, so NO REASON not to come in.

Which is why it is crazy that the local lazy gets are the ones not here!

Comment

Exactly my point. Roads all clear, so NO REASON not to come in.

Which is why it is crazy that the local lazy gets are the ones not here!

Bring it up at your anal apprisal...

Tone

Comment

Originally posted by Tingles View Post
                    Bring it up at your anal apprisal...

Lowering the Tone
                    FTFY

Comment

Working...
                    X