• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ricky Gervais - Science

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ricky Gervais - Science

I quite enjoyed Ricky Gervais's previous Stand-up and his TV shows, however his new stand-up is dire. A lot of jokes rehashed from his other stand ups and basically slagging off disabled/fat people is how he tries to get laughs. He has lost weight himself but never refers to him being a ex fatty which might have spare him from being a totally arrogant obnoxious prat, which I used to think was an act and quite clever, but now coming to the conclusion he actually is like that.

He also walks through a children's bible book of Noah and points out how the story doesn't match up with current science (Really!!).

He sips from a can of Fosters in clear view, obviously coining in some ad money from the Aussie brewery.

Avoid at all costs.

I went to see him live and loved it. Each to their own I guess.

He has referred to himself as being bigger, in the past actually.
    Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
    +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
      I went to see him live and loved it. Each to their own I guess.

He has referred to himself as being bigger, in the past actually.
      As I have said all his work up until now has been good, I just though this was poor by his standards. Louis CK is the king for me.

Comment

Originally posted by kandr View Post
        As I have said all his work up until now has been good, I just though this was poor by his standards. Louis CK is the king for me.
        Get yourself along to see Eddie Izzard.

HTH

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

i've always thought Ricky Gervais was tulip and don't understand the big fuss about his work

even in the The Office or whatever the program was he was tulip

Eddie Izzard is the king

Milan.

Comment

I liked RG standup until I finally saw him live doing Science, and as others have said, it was poorer than his previous stuff.

I also say Eddie Izzard's last tour, and was thoroughly underwhelmed by that as well, despite having loved all his previous tours

Comment

Working...
            X