• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Should I or shouldn't I

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should I or shouldn't I

I was thinking of going diving next week. But. . .

Chamber News

Do you think when your number is up that's it, otherwise carry on as normal ?
    Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post

Chamber News

Carry on as normal. You may get run over/cancer/fall down the stairs etc tomorrow.

Although, they've stopped all diving except Ras M (AFAIK) which will be bedlam due to the volume.

Comment

This aggressive but slow-moving fish dominates feeding frenzies, and is a danger to shipwreck or air crash survivors.
      Famed oceanographic researcher Jacques Cousteau described the oceanic whitetip as "the most dangerous of all sharks". Despite the greater notoriety of the great white shark and other sharks habitually found nearer the shore, the oceanic whitetip is responsible for more fatal attacks on humans than all other species combined, as a result of predation on survivors of shipwrecks or downed aircraft.
      Oceanic whitetip shark - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
      Sounds fine.

The whitetip poses a minimal threat to bathers or inshore sportsman, but a high risk for humans caught in the open ocean.

Comment

I would - eat lots of garlic to be on the safe side.

Wait a mo, does that work with sharks too?
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Chamber News

people cant be their natural prey surely ? I always thought people were bitten by mistake, and its a rarity

go for it gal

(\__/)
          (>'.'<)
          ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

What I find amazing is the way Killer Whales avoid eating humans, mostly. They surely have no idea whether they are tasty or not, until they've tried one.

Comment

Chamber News

Sharks usually go for things that look/act like a seal.

As you appear to have the dimensions of an average pilot whale I think you'll be fine.

Btw, when you're diving how much lead do you need?

Comment

Chamber News

I understand a team of crack sea-anglers are furiously baiting their hooks as we speak, intent on capturing this fish. So it's probably prudent to wait until they catch it.

But if you do go diving, and you do get eaten, the CUK membership will no doubt offer knowledgeable advice for negotiating the afterlife.

Comment

It is way too cold for me to even contemplate the notion of diving. Well, the underwater sort anyway...........
                  “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                    What I find amazing is the way Killer Whales avoid eating humans, mostly. They surely have no idea whether they are tasty or not, until they've tried one.
                    Obviously the mothers teach them whilst they are young.
                    Have you never seen lions teaching the cubs how to stalk, then how to close in for the chase ?
                    its the same with killer whales. they take their cubs to 'killer whale' hunting safari-lands and show them using lifelike miniatures what's good to eat

either that, or they have 'race memory'. like a million years ago , one of my ancestors gave up drinking beer, so I avoid that type of stuff through instinct

bored bored bored
                    (\__/)
                    (>'.'<)
                    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Working...
                    X