• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Another reason to hate HR

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another reason to hate HR

'You're too pretty to work here' - Telegraph

Good-looking women are twice as likely to be refused a job interview as unattractive ones, a study has found.

Female staff in HR departments who are jealous of potential rivals could be the reason why, researchers suggested. For men, the reverse is true, they said. An ugly man would have to send twice as many CVs as a handsome peer to secure a response.

Damn it! Now I'm retired I realise what I should have done to get more interviews, attach a photo!
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      'You're too pretty to work here' - Telegraph

Good-looking women are twice as likely to be refused a job interview as unattractive ones, a study has found.

Female staff in HR departments who are jealous of potential rivals could be the reason why, researchers suggested. For men, the reverse is true, they said. An ugly man would have to send twice as many CVs as a handsome peer to secure a response.
      Have you ever got hold of a good looking woman that you work with then? Tell all..

Comment

Once interviewed a guy who turned the heads of all the girls in the office. After the tech interview, he had an interview with HR.

In the follow up meeting, the first thing the HR girl said was "He's gorgeous...".

We turned him down.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

this sort of thing always makes me laugh

I was under the impression people were employeed to you know work, do a job, enhance the comppanies profitability and all that

how wrong was I - it as apparently to get laid and make sure people better looking than you cannot get a job

one day I will go postal and appear on the news....

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
            Once interviewed a guy who turned the heads of all the girls in the office. After the tech interview, he had an interview with HR.

In the follow up meeting, the first thing the HR girl said was "He's gorgeous...".

We turned him down.
            Hehe. I once got an excellent gig from a mainly female agency who took a shine to me.
            Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

We turned him down
              So that's why I didn't get that job!
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Female staff in HR departments ...
                If ever there were a group of people deserving to be hauled up before the sex discrimination board, it is HR depts and local authority offices.

In both you are likely to find over 90% of staff are female !

Good looking people invariably don't have too much problem career wise. Like tier-2 visas, very good looks still 'open doors'.

Comment

Originally posted by BobTheCrate View Post
                  If ever there were a group of people deserving to be hauled up before the sex discrimination board, it is HR depts and local authority offices.

In both you are likely to find over 90% of staff are female !
                  So I assume such departments are usually staffed with ugly women? Since women will only hire other women less good-looking than themselves, after a period of time, all the women will be ugly !

Comment

interestingly enough one of the places I was working in the past ( a well know brolly company) one of the HR staff was having a fling with the sales manager - it all ended up out in the open with the usual divorces and recrimations on both sides.

and yet HR are always the first to 'frown' upon staff liasons

but then I think we all know that it's one rule for HR and one rule for everyone else...

Comment

Working...
                    X