• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Fuel running out

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuel running out

In parts of Scotland anyway. Heard from a mate who tells me tankers can't get out from the refinery at Grangemouth and petrol stations are running short, no diesel at all in some places.
    Me, me, me...

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
    In parts of Scotland anyway. Heard from a mate who tells me tankers can't get out from the refinery at Grangemouth and petrol stations are running short, no diesel at all in some places.
    Not really a problem when most folk can't get the cars out of the drive. I bet the AA customers are getting their moneys worth, good, I hope they make a loss. They were moaning about drivers not being prepared. I.e. We don't like it when you actually use our service as it costs us money.

Comment

Kind of you to warn Mr Kandr ths morning!
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Use heating oil or red diesel and send a cheque to HMC for the duty.
        "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by kandr View Post
          Not really a problem when most folk can't get the cars out of the drive.
          But the golden rule when travelling in snow is to start out with a full tank. It's amazing how fast the fuel gauge goes down when stuck in snowy traffic jams.

Originally posted by kandr View Post
          I bet the AA customers are getting their moneys worth, good, I hope they make a loss. They were moaning about drivers not being prepared. I.e. We don't like it when you actually use our service as it costs us money.
          Still whinging, I see
          Last edited by Sysman; 3 December 2010, 11:12. Reason: typo
          Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post

Use heating oil or red diesel and don't send a cheque to HMC for the duty.
            FTFY
            Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

The cash and carries in Glasgow are running low on stock, so my mate Mohammed tells me down at the local shop.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                The cash and carries in Glasgow are running low on stock, so my mate Mohammed tells me down at the local shop.
                Has he been hoarding food to sell to you at a vastly inflated price?
                And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                  Has he been hoarding food to sell to you at a vastly inflated price?
                  Well, when the trains were off last night and the gf went in to get change off a 20 for a bus by buying a packet of hankies and some chewing gum he refused the sale. I walked past him 20 minutes before when he was out scraping the ice off his step and told him to go up and get some grit from the grit bin 30 yards from his door. "ohh I never knew that was there, thank you".

Last time he gets a sale from me.

Comment

I've seen a lot of cold/ice/snow related paraphernalia out of stock on Amazon.

Comment

Working...
                    X