• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why is throwing not an olympic sport

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why is throwing not an olympic sport

I have done some tremendous shots in my time:

50 metres away from bloke did a high snowball landed on top of persons head. As we ran off even he turned around and clapped.

crab apple thrown in more or less darkness in a crab apple fight, square in the forehead. Receiver of shot left the crab apple fight.

crab apple thrown high high in the sky came down on ear of intended target 30-40m away. He ran off crying.

I used to like throwing as a kid and was very accurate. I'm told I started as a toddler with nappies etc, so it may be instinctive in men.

Comment

It is.

You have a choice of throwing a spear, an iron ball, an iron ball on a chain, or a very heavy frisbee. None of them are easy to throw, and all of them are lethal if they hit you.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
        It is.

You have a choice of throwing a spear, an iron ball, an iron ball on a chain, or a very heavy frisbee. None of them are easy to throw, and all of them are lethal if they hit you.
        That's the difference. All these things are thrown with great force. Discuss, Javelin, etc.

There is not a sport in the Olympics where you can do a dainty, targeted, stylistic shot.

Like throwing a stone at a light at the top of a lamppost and getting a direct hit. No force needed, just accuracy. Even better to put a greenhouse through from a difficult angle.

Comment

Originally posted by aussielong View Post
          There is not a sport in the Olympics where you can do a dainty, targeted, stylistic shot.
          Olympic darts.

Should darts be an Olympic sport? | London 2012
          While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
            Naa, something where you need some long distance accuracy. Basically like golf but throwing the ball instead of hitting it.

Comment

Well you can do archery. And curling.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                Well you can do archery. And curling.
                That's a cool idea; archery and curling at the same time. How to structure this; one player releases the stone along the ice, the others sweep with their broomsticks. Throwing player grabs bow and arrow and attempts to hit the stone. Might be accident prone, but worth watching. Would improve both sports.

Comment

Or a throwing match. Two players in an arena armed with dye covered stones throw it out until one gets a hit. And perhaps add some barriers to make it tactical. Or 10 aside matches. It's got to be better than football.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                    Or a throwing match. Two players in an arena armed with dye covered stones throw it out until one gets a hit. And perhaps add some barriers to make it tactical. Or 10 aside matches. It's got to be better than football.
                    Not many sports aren't.

Well alright, that silly walking is worse than football.

Comment

Working...
                    X