• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Time for a new mobile phone

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time for a new mobile phone

My mobile plan is coming up next month and I'm looking at the bewildering array of possibilities.

CUK seemed like the place to go to get a bewildering array of answers - anyone got any ideas of whats good and great - looking for a 3G and beyond that don't care too much - though was in Tokyo last month and some of the phones they were using there were very cool, don't expect we'll see them for a couple of years though ...
    Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Originally posted by snaw
    I'm looking at the bewildering array of possibilities.
    Do any of these include 'getting a life', or anything like that?

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Got one pal, living it fully thanks very much.

I'm only asking about a bit of phone advice; your sarky comment might be funny if this was some super geeky new tech, beards and sandals only allowed in type of gig but since everyone and their granny (And great granny) uses em these days I kind of thought we'd passed that stage ...
      Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Originally posted by snaw
        Got one pal, living it fully thanks very much.

I'm only asking about a bit of phone advice; your sarky comment might be funny if this was some super geeky new tech, beards and sandals only allowed in type of gig but since everyone and their granny (And great granny) uses em these days I kind of thought we'd passed that stage ...
        Who in God's name gives a tulip about what mobile phone you have as long as it fits your needs and does what you want.

Actually, it's almost impossible to find the phone that I want (good audio, range, clarity, cheap, works all over the world).

No need for Mssrs Nokia, Samsung, Sony et al. to break sweat making mobiles that perform well when there are a stack of muppets like you that go "Ooooooh Shineeeyyyy" whenever they produce a different form factor in a different colour.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman
          Who in God's name gives a tulip about what mobile phone you have as long as it fits your needs and does what you want.

Actually, it's almost impossible to find the phone that I want (good audio, range, clarity, cheap, works all over the world).

No need for Mssrs Nokia, Samsung, Sony et al. to break sweat making mobiles that perform well when there are a stack of muppets like you that go "Ooooooh Shineeeyyyy" whenever they produce a different form factor in a different colour.
          Are you Threaded?

Comment

I've had a vast array of different phones; nokia comunicator's, touch screen with sat nav and alike, but now I just have a simple nokia that calls and texts as that is all I do with it.

All the extra gizmo's and things just made the simple task of making a call or sending a text that little bit too time consuming.

Comment

I am with Craig on this , I have had a whole host of fones, Pda phones, communicators ect etc. Gone back to a nokia 8800, flashy yes, but simple to use, small in size and solid in build. Also I dont believe you can beat a Nokia UI.

Comment

I have an Orange SPV C550 - does exactly what I want it to.

Windows for mobiles, it's the future I tell you!

Comment

mine's really mobile - fits in the rucksack. 3lb battery and we go anywhere. dunno if it's 3g though... 3g, whassat anyway?

http://web.ukonline.co.uk/freshwater/atm/mono.htm

Comment

does anyone remember those phones that had a shoulder strap? Those beasts were the size of a car stereo

Comment

Working...
                    X