• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Train; it just had to go wrong didn't it?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Train; it just had to go wrong didn't it?

Up to now, it was an extremely pleasant journey. I have a seat, t'internet's working, I have an electrical socket, the train is clean, and an attractive girl has just played some Bach cello suites.

Now some f**king OAP has got on the train with an exceedingly smelly sandwich!

WHY can't people consider other passengers when taking their packed lunches/dinners on the train?

I don't know what noxious mixture of processed sauces and blue-boiled eggs she's put on that sandwich, but it reeks!

Only one thing for it, time to start farting!

And now the train is sitting still due to a points failure, as per bloody usual!
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Well I just completed a 26 hour commute. Vienna to London became:

Vienna - Berlin - Frankfurt - London. Sleeping in an airport is so overrated!

And I get to do it all again on Monday

Comment

Originally posted by fckvwls View Post
      Well I just completed a 26 hour commute. Vienna to London became:

Vienna - Berlin - Frankfurt - London. Sleeping in an airport is so overrated!

And I get to do it all again on Monday
      Should have stayed in Vienna.

Mind, I could have just stayed in the Hague, which is rather nice too.

Comment

I bet the oap is ranting on the oap equivilent website about the young man whose farts smell and why can't he have consideration for people who are trying to eat their sandwiches.
        "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

You should say something. "Excuse me, I like a good sandwich as much as the next, however if you continue to insist eating that sandwich then I must warn you I might all over you"
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
            I bet the oap is ranting on the oap equivilent website about the young man whose farts smell and why can't he have consideration for people who are trying to eat their sandwiches.
            I haven't started yet. Unfortunately I missed lunch today, so I have insufficient organic material in my bowels for the normal fermentation procedure to be executed, meaning I am resigned to the fate of sitting in the smelly sandwich coupe.

Comment

I had to get off the tram a stop early because I could no longer stand the stench of stale piss from the tramp occupying the other end. Most unpleasant.
              While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                I haven't started yet. Unfortunately I missed lunch today, so I have insufficient organic material in my bowels for the normal fermentation procedure to be executed, meaning I am resigned to the fate of sitting in the smelly sandwich coupe.
                You? Missed lunch????

What is the world coming to??
                "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

You? Missed lunch????

An end.
                  Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

You? Missed lunch????

I know, it's bad. My legs are starting to hurt now; that's what happens when I get hungry. Shall soon be eating a large serving of game stew.

Comment

Working...
                    X