• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Lurgie

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lurgie

Had it for a couple of days now with no signs of shaking it.

Probably a cold but feels like a mini-flu: Splitting headache, nauseous (at times), body aching, loss of appetite.

Took a couple of paracetamol last night before going to bed and was boiling within an hour.

If I could just shake off the headache the rest wouldn't be so bad

Anyone else got the lurg or am I the only 'leper in the colony'?

I picked up the flu last weekend.. I thought it was just a cold but then I got the fever/chills and aches

It hit its peak by Tuesday and forced me to stay in bed, just as I was told I could start my new contract.

Bloomin typical after being on the bench for a fair while!

edit: and I'm still feeing crap
    Last edited by CheeseSlice; 4 December 2010, 17:30.

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
      Had it for a couple of days now with no signs of shaking it.

Probably a cold but feels like a mini-flu: Splitting headache, nauseous (at times), body aching, loss of appetite.

Took a couple of paracetamol last night before going to bed and was boiling within an hour.

If I could just shake off the headache the rest wouldn't be so bad

Anyone else got the lurg or am I the only 'leper in the colony'?

Patient zero?

Comment

2 days? try 3 weeks. tomorrow will be the start of my 4th week with this b'stard.

Comment

Originally posted by DS23 View Post
          2 days? try 3 weeks. tomorrow will be the start of my 4th week with this b'stard.
          3 weeks? That's not 'flu.

That's either over-work (how much time have you had off in the past 2 years?) or depression (how is your home life, and are you on top of your paperwork & tax payments?)

Meanwhile, if you're that ill, have a virtual

But no spotty tongues, OK?
          My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

I'm at the end of my 2nd week with the flu.
            It started to go away on Monday/Tuesday-ish this week, but now it is back taking a firm hold again

I've never been this bad before... maybe there a hardcore strain of the virus around this year?

Anyone else from this thread shaken it off yet?

Comment

Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post
              I'm at the end of my 2nd week with the flu.
              It started to go away on Monday/Tuesday-ish this week, but now it is back taking a firm hold again

I've never been this bad before... maybe there a hardcore strain of the virus around this year?

Anyone else from this thread shaken it off yet?
              I thought this was some strangeness just happening to me.

Felt better mid-week but a day later was laid low again.

One week and counting - getting really, really pissed of with it now.

Comment

Touch wood haven't had anything so far this year, possibly because I don't have to rough it on the tube and rarely interact face to face with anyone at clientco.
                Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
                X