• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

El Gordo in "I told you so" mode

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

El Gordo in "I told you so" mode

Gordon Brown warns cuts are a 'great misjudgement'

The coalition government's spending cuts programme may be seen in future as one of the "great misjudgements of history", Gordon Brown has warned.
    BBC News - Gordon Brown warns cuts are a 'great misjudgement'

I thought he'd crawled under a rock and retired from saying things like this?
    "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

He still doesn't understand what he has done.

Comment

The deluded idiot and sole destroyer of our economic wealth, due to many factors which included his personal removal of the pensions dividend tax credit and his dysfunctional tripartite regulatory system, has now retired to Kirkcaldy "to represent his constituents" - a new sensation for the gurning malcontent I would imagine, unlike the other 645 MPs that spend time in the HoC, is busily trying to rewrite his damning legacy of profligacy upon the UK, the historical record that is a cruel but accurate scribe and mistress that lets those and their children and future children, that have suffered under personal acts of monumental deceit and criminal stupidity, never, ever to forget.
      If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
        He still doesn't understand what he has done.
        He single-handedly saved the world didn't he?

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD View Post
          The deluded idiot and sole destroyer of our economic wealth, due to many factors which included his personal removal of the pensions dividend tax credit and his dysfunctional tripartite regulatory system, has now retired to Kirkcaldy "to represent his constituents" - a new sensation for the gurning malcontent I would imagine, unlike the other 645 MPs that spend time in the HoC, is busily trying to rewrite his damning legacy of profligacy upon the UK, the historical record that is a cruel but accurate scribe and mistress that lets those and their children and future children, that have suffered under personal acts of monumental deceit and criminal stupidity, never, ever to forget.
          Summary: He's a c*** and he's completely f***ed the economy

Comment

Well that's reassuring.

If he is saying that, then the cuts must be essential.
            My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Excellent summaries hyperD and RC.

Somehow I don't think his book is going to sell too well.
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Obvioulsy cutting now should be avoided. Instead keep shovelling billions into those big black holes, those billions we don't have, in many cases as a direct result of this ****tard!
                Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Some men are born great, some have greatness thrust upon them.
                  He just grates

(\__/)
                  (>'.'<)
                  ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

If you follow the logic of Brownstuff and those like him the government should just give £50k to everyone in Britain. Just think how all that spending would boost our economy.

He just grates
                    Or better still, be grated. In a huge cheese grater.
                    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                    X