• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

X-Factor Protest Single... Sound of Silence.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

X-Factor Protest Single... Sound of Silence.

BBC News - Stars stay silent in X Factor protest

Benefits closer reading. One example:
    "There were people who were seriously into it, like Matty from The Infadels, who had his guitar and was poised to do a massive power chord, but it just never happened.
    Brilliant.

Originally posted by realityhack View Post
    BBC News - Stars stay silent in X Factor protest

Benefits closer reading. One example:

Brilliant.
    I am suspicious of why they don't like X-factor
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
      I am suspicious of why they don't like X-factor
      I think its because the x-factor take people who mainly sing through their noses, stick them on the telly every week, expose their family's private life to the most intrusive scrutiny and then dispose of them six months after they win. If the main prize was a residency on a cruise ship it might be fairer.
      +50 Xeno Geek Points
      Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
      As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
        I think its because the x-factor take people who mainly sing through their noses, stick them on the telly every week, expose their family's private life to the most intrusive scrutiny and then dispose of them six months after they win. If the main prize was a residency on a cruise ship it might be fairer.
        They'd probably earn as much on the cruise ship.

It's the fact these people make the news and front pages on the paper - WHY?????????????????
        "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
          They'd probably earn as much on the cruise ship.

It's the fact these people make the news and front pages on the paper - WHY?????????????????
          They don't though. I was reading an on-line news(?)paper and the fact that Cheryl Cole was wearing a hat(because it was cold. Diddums) was a bigger news story than any of the contestants.
          The X-Factor has helped turned humans into disposable commodities and - however talentless they are - that cannot be right.
          +50 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
            They don't though. I was reading an on-line news(?)paper and the fact that Cheryl Cole was wearing a hat(because it was cold. Diddums) was a bigger news story than any of the contestants.
            The X-Factor has helped turned humans into disposable commodities and - however talentless they are - that cannot be right.
            Yep, and let us not forget that Ms cole herself was a product of said "talent" competitions.

The media have a lot to answer for
            "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

"Avant garde composer John Cage "wrote" 4'33" in summer 1952"

Ehhh, he never actually wrote anything.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                "Avant garde composer John Cage "wrote" 4'33" in summer 1952"

Ehhh, he never actually wrote anything.
                Having been accused of being a philistine I sat through 4'33". Once. Pile of pretentious w*nk.

Edit: now back toour Guardian correspondant.
                +50 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

piece of tulip won't let me submit a silent post

Comment

Originally posted by rsingh View Post
                    piece of tulip won't let me submit a silent post
                    Yeah, I totally agree with you.

Heap of pretentious crud. Load of has-beens or never-beens trying to be.
                    Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Working...
                    X