• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tuesday CUK Pub Quiz

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tuesday CUK Pub Quiz

Usual pub rules; No mobiles or googling allowed.

1) Ellen Church was the first female to do what in the Aviation world? First Air Hostess (Cliphead)
    2) Walter Frederick Morrison first started selling this toy in 1938. It has also previously been known as a Pluto Platter - what is it known as today? Frisbee (Spod)
    3) What is the lowest combined score possible in a frame of snooker? (assuming no one conceeds, gets disqualified etc) 31 (Bunk)
    4) In which Bond film did the character Miss Goodnight first appear? MWTGG (Cliphead)
    5) If a bowler takes a wicket with very ball in a game of cricket, what is the number of the last remaining batsman? 8 (PRC)
    6) Crispian Mills fronts which UK indie band? Kula Shaker (Grasser)
    7) If you travelled to the end of the Pyg Track where would you be? Top of Snowdon (Netraider)
    8) Which track was the first to be released in CD format (1985)? Brothers in Arms (Monkeyboy)
    9) Which website has had it's content categorised as 40% pointless babble (by Pear analytics, 2009)? Twitter (MrRobin)
    10) Mild mannered janitor Penrod (or Penry) Pooch turns into which cartoon hero? Hong-Kong Phooey (Spod)
    Last edited by Pondlife; 7 December 2010, 13:20.

2) - Frisbee
    10) Hong-Kong Phooey

Comment

1) First cart tart?
      4) The Man With the Golden Gun
      Me, me, me...

Comment

6) Kula Shaker
        10) Hong Kong Phooey

Comment

(6) Kula Shakar (son of some famous acting person)
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
            Usual pub rules; No mobiles or googling allowed.

1) Ellen Church was the first female to do what in the Aviation world?
            2) Walter Frederick Morrison first started selling this toy in 1938. It has also previously been known as a Pluto Platter - what is it known as today? Frisbee (Spod)
            3) What is the lowest combined score possible in a frame of snooker? (assuming no one conceeds, gets disqualified etc)
            4) In which Bond film did the character Miss Goodnight first appear?
            5) If a bowler takes a wicket with very ball in a game of cricket, what is the number of the last remaining batsman?
            6) Crispian Mills fronts which UK indie band?
            7) If you travelled to the end of the Pyg Track where would you be?
            8) Which track was the first to be released in CD format (1985)?
            9) Which website has had it's content categorised as 40% pointless babble (by Pear analytics, 2009)?
            10) Mild mannered janitor Penrod (or Penry) Pooch turns into which cartoon hero?
            9. CUK, apart from my contribution of course.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

5) 8

3) 35? Bugger, I forgot the black.
              Last edited by PRC1964; 7 December 2010, 11:26.

Comment

3. 42
                6. Kula Shaker

Comment

Originally posted by PRC1964 View Post
                  3) 35?
                  Originally posted by Bunk View Post
                  3. 42
                  Nope

Comment

3) Negative infinity?
                    It's about time I changed this sig...