• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Standards / Rates are slipping

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Standards / Rates are slipping

Just been contacted by 2 agents for the same role (Security Analyst) citing £170 to £200 p/d. And this is for a London Council. Standards are slipping in a big way.
    If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

I was getting £480 pd in London in the 1990's.

I would say anything under £600 pd now in London is a piss take surely?

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

I would say anything under £600 pd now in London is a piss take surely?
      For IT Security work, anything less than £300-£400 is a piss take. But as Councils are cutting back, they are hoping some mug would take any stoopidily low money to work for them.
      If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          It was actually £60 per hour, but I used to work roughly an 8 hour day there.

I worked at Cadbury Schweppes HQ in Berkeley Square for a few years working on a VB6 / SQL Server 7 system.

Comment

VB6

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
              It started as a VB5 system, and was upgraded to VB6 during the development.

It was all the rage in 1998!

Comment

I had a look on JobServe yesterday and rates are looking low right now.
                Cats are evil.

Comment

It started as a VB5 system, and was upgraded to VB6 during the development. It was all the rage in 1998!
                  I was programming in assembly and C at the time and I earned exactly bugger all for it ...

Comment

?
                    You must have been crap.
                    In the 90s every man and his dog "programming" HTML was on £500 per day
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                    X