• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Remember this?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remember this?

BBC News | EUROPE | Global warming may hit skiing

Saturday, 17 November, 2001
    Scientists are warning that global warming is melting Alpine glaciers at an unprecedented rate.

They claim that in 15 years time, many low level ski resorts could have no snow at all.

Now it's this

Are we freezing because of global warming? - Telegraph

I guess, it doesn't matter what they "predict" does it?

So, in 10 years time, we WILL be able to sell ice to the Eskimos.

I feel a Plan B coming on.

Comment

Winters used to be colder in the 70's and early 80's. We seem to be going back to the "norm"
      Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
        Winters used to be colder in the 70's and early 80's. We seem to be going back to the "norm"
        But we've dumped trillions of tonnes of CO2 into the atmosphere since the 1970's and CO2 level is higher than it has been for 600,000 years, how can we go back to the 1970's climate?

Unless the whole CO2 / AGW fallacy is total of course.

Comment

From Cancun -

With United Nations climate negotiators facing an uphill battle to advance their goal of reducing emissions linked to global warming, it’s no surprise that the woman steering the talks appealed to a Mayan goddess Monday.

Christiana Figueres, executive secretary of the U.N. Framework Convention on Climate Change, invoked the ancient jaguar goddess Ixchel in her opening statement to delegates gathered in Cancun, Mexico, noting that Ixchel was not only goddess of the moon, but also “the goddess of reason, creativity and weaving. May she inspire you—because today, you are gathered in Cancun to weave together the elements of a solid response to climate change, using both reason and creativity as your tools.” …

“Excellencies, the goddess Ixchel would probably tell you that a tapestry is the result of the skilful interlacing of many threads,” said Figueres, who hails from Costa Rica and started her greetings in Spanish before switching to English. “I am convinced that 20 years from now, we will admire the policy tapestry that you have woven together and think back fondly to Cancun and the inspiration of Ixchel.”

These kook are spending OUR money

(\__/)
          (>'.'<)
          ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

more from cancun

(\__/)
            (>'.'<)
            ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Perhaps that blanket of CO2 is acting like a cold-box and keeping the cold in.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
                Perhaps that blanket of CO2 is acting like a cold-box and keeping the cold in.
                Yep, that's a good theory, I like that.

I like the other one, which is CO2 makes sod all difference to the climate, as does Chicken Byriani.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                  Yep, that's a good theory, I like that.

I like the other one, which is CO2 makes sod all difference to the climate, as does Chicken Byriani.
                  I really fancy a chicken Byriani. And some sag aloo. Mmmm.
                  While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Working...
                  X