• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Just Weather

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just Weather

Low temperature record broken today in Cancun....

I'm alright Jack

This is worth a nudge.

An inconvenient truth that Cancun is experiencing record low temperatures (and yes it is in the tropics), whilst a load of government paid liars spout bulltulip statistics and present the end of the world scenarios around the premise of rapidly overheating World.

You couldn't make this up. More taxes!

Comment

Criticism on statistical significance of outliers aside (what was the previous low, how long did it last, this is one location not the country,blah blah) - shouldn't record temperatures in either direction be noteworthy?
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        Criticism on statistical significance of outliers aside (what was the previous low, how long did it last, this is one location not the country,blah blah) - shouldn't record temperatures in either direction be noteworthy?
        of course. it proves absolutely nothing,
        but even the most hardened must have a laugh at the irony

(\__/)
        (>'.'<)
        ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

If GW is such dodgy science, it's a bit of a shame sceptics resort to even worse science to try and discredit it. Just makes them look like the 'deniers' the media portrays them as.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            If GW is such dodgy science, it's a bit of a shame sceptics resort to even worse science to try and discredit it. Just makes them look like the 'deniers' the media portrays them as.
            hold on there. I read the piece that BB was quoting from, it was ironic, not pretending to be science.

A bit like

'Scientist who said our kids will not recognise snow prevented from picking his kids up from nursery because they are snowed in'

its a laugh, but no one is saying it proves anything

(\__/)
            (>'.'<)
            ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

....another "outlier"

Last edited by BlasterBates; 9 December 2010, 13:01.
              I'm alright Jack

Comment

So what's the big deal? What's the worst that can happen? It was mentioned somewhere this week that sea levels aren't going to be rising.

Climate changes, always did always will.
                Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
                  So what's the big deal? What's the worst that can happen? It was mentioned somewhere this week that sea levels aren't going to be rising.

Climate changes, always did always will.
                  What about the children?

Comment

If they tax anyone it should be parents and politicians.

Comment

Working...
                    X