• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Police state bans being Horny

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Police state bans being Horny

beep beep

Originally posted by privateeye
    For once I agree with the ABD. How to alienate the public, part 1.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
      He should consider himself lucky: he could have ended up dna tested and banged up for 28 days as a dangerous council lorry driving terrorist...

Aren't our policemen wonderful... wonder when the first fine for picking one's nose whilst driving will happen...
      Personally I never pick my nose within reach of an airbag.

Comment

"unnecessary use of audible warning equipment".
        FFS! They're so up their arses in Orwellian speak...
        If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

When I was a lad, I got pulled over by some police for "...taking a roundabout at excess speed around town centre with the roof down at 02:00am in the middle of December..."

The simple fact is that they wanted an excuse to check my details (I was doing shiftwork at the time). As I stood on the corner while one of the officers checked on his computer, two young lads drove up in a pickup truck and shouted:

"Oi! Pigs! Wankers!" and roared off.

The police didn't even bat an eyelid.
          If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

I've been pulled for being "the only person not speeding" and "looking too young to drive that sort of car".
            Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
            threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Someone driving slowly can be just as big a problem as someone speeding.

Mailman

Comment

Erm, no it isn't.

Well, I guess if you are wanting to fill your 'crime' stats for the month it is.
                Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

During the seventies when they had what was known as the "Sus Law" I was arrested and charged by 2 police officers for walking past a row of cars. They suspected me of thinking about breaking into a car - and that was a criminal offence then and that was all the evidence they needed just simply they thought I was thinking about doing something illegal. The fact the car on the end was mine and I was heading towards it had no bearing on it.

It went all the way to court and although given an Absolute Discharge I had to pay court costs of £80 - a lot of money then as it was a weeks wages.

The Police had a habit of using this law at the end of their shift to get overtime

Comment

The driving slowly bit is because usually its drunk drivers who drive slowly at night when there isn't much traffic on the roads.

So advice then for anybody who's had one too many and doesn't want to arouse the suspicions of old bill; floor it!

Comment

Working...
                    X