• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Petition to ban Dihydrogen monoxide

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Petition to ban Dihydrogen monoxide

Delegates at Cancun didnt have to think twice about signing a petition banning this substance.

This chemical is found in our rivers,lakes and in large quantities in the sea. It is fatal if inhaled, a major greenhouse gas and without it there would be no acid rain.

Dihydrogen monoxide is more commonly known as water, and the petition was a spoof.

Clearly conferences like this attract all sorts of freeloaders and kooks, but we are entrusting our economy and future to these people. They are supposed to understand the science and help formulate policy, but they will sign up to anything that has the words, ban protect, earth and global in it.

Cancun kooks

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

How much for 2?

Comment

Who's sockie is he?

Comment

Anyone at a conference on climate change who falls for that gag should be publicly disgraced, dismissed from office, gagged from ever speaking to the media and forbidden to participate in academic journal production.

And then beaten up.
        My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

I reckon anyone who could successfully implement a temporary ban on crystalline dihydrogen monoxide would be quite popular at the moment.
          While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
            I reckon anyone who could successfully implement a temporary ban on crystalline dihydrogen monoxide would be quite popular at the moment.
            You mean like in Germany where if you don't clear the pavement outside your house, you get fined?

Our councils would just use it as a revenue-raising exercise (you'd get a ticket stuck on your door if it snowed while you were out at work) and they'd put the council tax up to pay for the Snow Enforcement Officers.

My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
              You mean like in Germany where if you don't clear the pavement outside your house, you get fined?

Our councils would just use it as a revenue-raising exercise (you'd get a ticket stuck on your door if it snowed while you were out at work) and they'd put the council tax up to pay for the Snow Enforcement Officers.

I think it would have to be an "EU Diktat".

Ice and snow removal requirements | Germany | Winterdienst - Schneeräumen | The German Way

I'm glad I live in a block with someone that does it, that sounds fairly onerous.
              While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Send it over I'll sign it.
                Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post

Anyone at a conference on climate change who falls for that gag should be publicly disgraced, dismissed from office, gagged from ever speaking to the media and forbidden to participate in academic journal production.

And then beaten up.
                  WHS
                  "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

But when I was in Cancun the ban was to only affect government organisations; it's not the first time the proposals had been watered down...

Comment

Working...
                    X