• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Christmas is cancelled part deux

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Christmas is cancelled part deux

EU diktat bans under-16s from buying Christmas crackers because they are fireworks | Mail Online

I like the way they start off blaming an "EU diktat" before revealing slightly further on that it was actually a British decision to set the age limit at 16.

I hope the EU don't pass some sort of newspapers not allowed to print complete bollocks legislation.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Originally posted by doodab View Post
    EU diktat bans under-16s from buying Christmas crackers because they are fireworks | Mail Online

I like the way they start off blaming an "EU diktat" before revealing slightly further on that it was actually a British decision to set the age limit at 16.

I hope the EU don't pass some sort of newspapers not allowed to print complete bollocks legislation.
    Don't worry. Christmas crackers may be a particularly British thing, but bollocks newspapers are not.
    Job motivation: how the powerful steal from the stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by Ignis Fatuus View Post
      Don't worry. Christmas crackers may be a particularly British thing, but bollocks newspapers are not.
      At least they put the tits on the front page to save me buying my own copy
      While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Amongst the comments:

Christmas Crackers do contain a small amount of black powder. A few of them combined can make a small firecracker-type explosive. Extract the powder from a few dozen and you could make a small pipe bomb.
        Crackers are dangerous, and we must put our nation's children first before all considerations. Those that collect crackers can also gain enough explosive for acts of terrorism. I would strongly suggest that all those who purchase crackers should have their personal details recorded and then police checked in case they are terrorists.
        I think the age for buying explosives should be raised to 21 - the 'snaps' in crackers can be collected and combined to potentially anarchic levels of combustion. Christmas crackers can easily scar or maim if used in the wrong hands.
        Are these people entitled to vote?
        My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

I think we should ban the jokes inside them. They are a leading cause of depression.

Comment

Maybe a temporary ban on news papers is in order.

Only let the raw facts be printed.

Lets say for 40 years?

Anyone in favour?
            "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
              Mmmmmmmmmmmm.

Quality.
              Here you go, Zeity. The Cup Size Choir. Probably NSFW.

Edit: Fetch the Kleenex and make sure you've got 5 minutes free BEFORE watching the video.
              Last edited by RichardCranium; 9 December 2010, 09:11.
              My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Working...
              X