• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Scummiest tightbag moment

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scummiest tightbag moment

I'm in Australia at the moment. With low sterling and a bounding aussie dollar costs here are high. Especially food.

The cheapest I get away with for a take away in the evening in 7-8 quid GBP.

The other night I was taking a walk about the hotel with my laptop to see if I could get a better signal. I happening upon a conference area. There was a buffet layout with the leftovers of a full meal. I sat down and surfed the net. After a half hour or so nobody had been seen. All the conference rooms were empty. It seemed to be the moment between all the guests leaving and the leftovers being cleared.

I thought sadly about handing over an inflated sum for my nightly uninspired takeaway... and that was enough to have me hitting the remains of the buffet. I quickly sank a glass of fresh OJ, then loaded up on sausage rolls, small quiches and pizza slices while nervously looking around.

Luckily nobody shared the lift with me on the way back up.

I feasted in the room.

Now I know you guys are all loaded but have any of you ever sank so low?

that is proper contractor life style
    "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

Originally posted by DieScum View Post
      I'm in Australia at the moment. With low sterling and a bounding aussie dollar costs here are high. Especially food.

The cheapest I get away with for a take away in the evening in 7-8 quid GBP.

The other night I was taking a walk about the hotel with my laptop to see if I could get a better signal. I happening upon a conference area. There was a buffet layout with the leftovers of a full meal. I sat down and surfed the net. After a half hour or so nobody had been seen. All the conference rooms were empty. It seemed to be the moment between all the guests leaving and the leftovers being cleared.

I thought sadly about handing over an inflated sum for my nightly uninspired takeaway... and that was enough to have me hitting the remains of the buffet. I quickly sank a glass of fresh OJ, then loaded up on sausage rolls, small quiches and pizza slices while nervously looking around.

Luckily nobody shared the lift with me on the way back up.

I feasted in the room.

Now I know you guys are all loaded but have any of you ever sank so low?
      As a teenager we used to make rollies out of other people's discarded fag butts. Then more rollies out of the ends of those rollies...

Comment

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
        As a teenager we used to make rollies out of other people's discarded fag butts. Then more rollies out of the ends of those rollies...
        Classy lady, I knew it.
        Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Where did you store the food?
          Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
          +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
            Classy lady, I knew it.

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
              Where did you store the food?
              I balanced it on my laptop.

Comment

I balanced it on my laptop.

I suggest you invest in some sort of baggy tunic with big pockets for future food theft.
                Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
                +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

i heated up food on the travelodge heater, when it was 25 degrees outside

Comment

I also need to find a way to get cheap books. It is 25 dollars (15.50 GBP) for a paperback over here. I consider this nothing short of criminal and it certainly explains a lot!

Comment

Working...
                    X