• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Moronic team members

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moronic team members

I just received an email from a project team member asking me to include some data in some objects.
    And what was the format of the data?

A screenshot of an excel file!!!!!!

How idiotic can you be????
    How is anyone supposed to work with data presented in a partial screenshot of an excel file?
    Is it not easier to simply attach the excel file to the email?

You guys have similar encounters with idiots actually working in IT who should know better than a grey squirrel?
    "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Originally posted by ThomasSoerensen View Post
    I just received an email from a project team member asking me to include some data in some objects.
    And what was the format of the data?

A screenshot of an excel file!!!!!!

How idiotic can you be????
    How is anyone supposed to work with data presented in a partial screenshot of an excel file?
    Is it not easier to simply attach the excel file to the email?

You guys have similar encounters with idiots actually working in IT who should know better than a grey squirrel?
    Make everything VARCHAR(4000)

Simples
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

I was thinking of responding by attaching a mp3 file with a recording of my answer.

but I just send a snide answer and clicked "Reply to All", and now I have the excel file.

cheers

Comment

Originally posted by ThomasSoerensen View Post
        I was thinking of responding by attaching a mp3 file with a recording of my answer.

but I just send a snide answer and clicked "Reply to All", and now I have the excel file.

cheers
        Do you build working relationships easily?

Comment

you got a screenshot - you lucky lucky baarsted.

this happened to me last week. i tulip you not.

MD (of s/w house) 'Why are you using <field2> here and why is it empty?'
          EO - 'Because last week, you asked for a report that includes <field2>'
          MD - 'I specifically asked for the report to include <field1>'
          EO - 'err, ok, I will change it. just let me document this'
          MD - 'Why are you using <field1> on this report'
          EO - 'aha - produces documentation. this is what you asked for yesterday'
          MD -'No No No. <Client1> wants <field1>, <Client2> wants <field2>'
          EO - 'AHA. there are two fields. Each client has their own field. gotcha.'
          MD - 'Nooo. there is one field, they just call it different things'

MD - 'Isnt it obvious'

(\__/)
          (>'.'<)
          ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post

MD - 'Isnt it obvious'

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
              Do you build working relationships easily?
              Always

Comment

In a former life as web manager, I had some changes mailed to the team to process. Person in question had printed out the webpage, scrawled all over it (mostly text changes) in spidery handwriting, then scanned it in and emailed. Very elegant.

Another time we spent about half an hour explaining to someone in marketing that material published to dev isn't actually live.
                "but I've seen it, you typed in a web address to get to it, so the work is finished and live, yes?"
                "er... let's go over this again"

Comment

Best one I had was my PM who range from the states to ask which key was the enter key on his keyboard. He used a docking station and an external keyboard and used the enter key on the numeric pad, because it had the word written on it.

I told him to use the biggest key that wasn't space
                  Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post

MD - 'Isnt it obvious'

Yes we business analysts ARE good value for money.

Comment

Working...
                    X