• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Petrol Prices - does anybody care?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Petrol Prices - does anybody care?

Has anybody been watching the price of petrol going up gradually over the last few weeks? Every week or so it seems to go up by 1p. Only a few weeks ago it was 117.9 and now its 121.9 and thats the cheapest place I know within 50 miles of home!

Surely the 40p/25p mileage expenses need to change quickly now!

Inflation is very low, the government told me, so I'm not worried.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
      Yup.

The govermint are about to change them to 35p/20p.
      it's the only way to beat climate change

Seriously though, cars are getting more economical and cheaper to maintain as their reliability increases which offsets the rise in petrol prices.
      Coffee's for closers

Comment

A suggestion.

Instead of buying petrol/diesel, food, clothing and gas/electricity, if you buy games consoles, plasma TV's and Blu Ray players, you'll find your money goes a lot further due to deflation.

HTH BIDI.

Comment

Petrol companies are finding it hard because they can't reduce their product sizes like supermarkets. <obligatory joke>I hope condom manufactures don't follow suit</>

Comment

Here in Jock land it's 1.40 a litre when out in the sticks. Do you know what we think when we hear the city types complain about the price of petrol in one of the world's most high salary earning cities?

Welcome to our world. You really have no idea how cheap your fuel is, now stop complaining. Oh look a squirrel.
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

I am sure that the 2.5% VAT increase will be rounded up to a 5p increase in January.
              "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                I am sure that the 2.5% VAT increase will be rounded up to a 5p increase in January.
                And an extra £15bn in Climate Change taxes being talked about in Cancun for Britain to "Lead the way with Climate Change", we talking about a very expensive 2011.

I'm just glad IT contractor rates are rising 25% next year!

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
                  Seriously though, cars are getting more economical and cheaper to maintain as their reliability increases which offsets the rise in petrol prices.
                  My car's not getting any more economical or cheaper to maintain. If anything as it gets older it gets less reliable and less economical.
                  Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
                    My car's not getting any more economical or cheaper to maintain. If anything as it gets older it gets less reliable and less economical.
                    Boost the economy! Buy a new car!

Comment

Working...
                    X