• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Gym Etiquette

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gym Etiquette

I have a question for all my good friends in CUK regarding something I perceive to be a matter of etiquette in the gymnasium.

Firstly, let me explain that I have decided to continue with my fitness programme despite Monday's unwitting exposure of my ticket on CCTV. The reason for this is that I was throwing out some old clothes the other night and I found my old ELO tour shirt from 1989. According to the contemporary style, I had removed the sleeves from this shirt with a pair of scissors. Upon attiring myself in said shirt Malc commented that my arms poked out like two little white cocktail sticks. I obviously no longer cut the same figure as I did in my halcyon rabble rousing PA days so I have decided that it's time to beef up.

Now here's my question. Imagine, if you will, the conjugation of the apparatus in my gymnasium. There is a row of benches upon which the beefcakes pump their iron whilst admiring themselves in a huge mirror on the wall. Between aforementioned benches and mirror is a rack upon which the weights are kept. Now, when I need to retrieve or replace a weight I have to momentarily obstruct the reflection of one or more these beefcakes at which point they invariably growl at me. Am I committing some kind of gym etiquette violation by doing this? Do I have to wait until there is a pause in their activities? Why do they have to see themselves in the mirror?

Originally posted by gricerboy View Post
    I have a question for all my good friends in CUK
    Talking to yourself then!
    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by gricerboy View Post
      I have a question for all my good friends in CUK regarding something I perceive to be a matter of etiquette in the gymnasium.

Firstly, let me explain that I have decided to continue with my fitness programme despite Monday's unwitting exposure of my ticket on CCTV. The reason for this is that I was throwing out some old clothes the other night and I found my old ELO tour shirt from 1989. According to the contemporary style, I had removed the sleeves from this shirt with a pair of scissors. Upon attiring myself in said shirt Malc commented that my arms poked out like two little white cocktail sticks. I obviously no longer cut the same figure as I did in my halcyon rabble rousing PA days so I have decided that it's time to beef up.

Now here's my question. Imagine, if you will, the conjugation of the apparatus in my gymnasium. There is a row of benches upon which the beefcakes pump their iron whilst admiring themselves in a huge mirror on the wall. Between aforementioned benches and mirror is a rack upon which the weights are kept. Now, when I need to retrieve or replace a weight I have to momentarily obstruct the reflection of one or more these beefcakes at which point they invariably growl at me. Am I committing some kind of gym etiquette violation by doing this? Do I have to wait until there is a pause in their activities? Why do they have to see themselves in the mirror?
      Massage baby oil into their tired limbs and everything will be OK.

Comment

Will no one rid me of this turbulent pest?

(Petulant Turbots - Shirley?)

Comment

I need more assistance with the CUK swear filter.

Is 'ticket' to replace a rudey word, or is this what gricer actually calls his willy?
          Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
          +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post

Is 'ticket' to replace a rudey word, or is this what gricer actually calls his willy?

Give the girl a banana, actually don't, not after the last drunken episode.

Comment

It's their tough luck for standing there. If you need to get at the dumbbells then you need to get them, they (beefcakes) don't have right away.

The excpetion to this is if you're fiddling about and taking your time when you take and re-rack the dumbbells.

Whilst there's no expectation for you to wait until said beefcake has finished, it is good etiquette to only block their view for the minimum amount of time possible.
              You ain't seen me, right!

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post

It would explain why he's banned from trains.

Comment

They are trying to outperform the mirror guy. Budgies are much the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                    It would explain why he's banned from trains.
                    I just snorted tea out of my nose
                    Bazza gets caught
                    Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Working...
                    X