• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Random Friday Thread... what small things make you disproportionally happy?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Random Friday Thread... what small things make you disproportionally happy?

What little things brighten your day more than they logically should? Whether they're good (someone brings a box of cheap chocolates into work), bad (parking your car in your neighbour's favourite spot) or just weird (train has an even number of carriages)?

I'll start: Repping someone (up or down) and being the one to tip them into the next rep level.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    What little things brighten your day more than they logically should? Whether they're good (someone brings a box of cheap chocolates into work), bad (parking your car in your neighbour's favourite spot) or just weird (train has an even number of carriages)?

I'll start: Repping someone (up or down) and being the one to tip them into the next rep level.
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

I have a six inch high fluted glass flour shaker with a screw-on perforated chrome lid which only cost two quid, and which we fill with crushed chillies. This is bought out at most mealtimes, along with the S & P. Livens up many a meal.

Cheap, simple and gives a lot of pleasure (rather like . . . . nah, better not).
      The vegetarian option.

Comment

It doesnt mean anything much, (being happily married), but when the ladies do a double take , eye me up and down and do a 'phwoar'
        then they nudge each other and giggle. nerves probably

(\__/)
        (>'.'<)
        ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Walking along behind some yoofs and one stops, takes a step back, puts some rubbish into a street litterbin and then carries on as if they had done something normal.

(I have seen this happen twice in this town this past year. On both occasions the yoofs in question have been talking in a East European language. )
          My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Achieving the perfect cuppa.

Clearing out the garage.
            Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
            +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Waking up thinking it is time to get up only to realise there is another 2 hours until the alarm goes off.
              “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Going for a slash in a public loo and peeing happily when another bloke appears alongside and still be peeing happily when he's washing his hands. There's something very satisfying and manly about being able to piss like a horse.

I am so going to miss my prostate when it packs up (or whatever it does when it does what it does).
                My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Another wee one, sorry.

When the urinal is the long metal trough sort: having the loo to yourself and managing to pee a dog-end from one end to the other, especially if it requires that sideways heel/toe shuffle to finish the job.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
                    I am so going to miss my prostate when it packs up (or whatever it does when it does what it does).
                    I believe it goes into some kind of stutter mode whereby you keep starting then stopping. Sounds weird..........nearly as weird as the examination of said gland!
                    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Working...
                    X