• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Live Corrie

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Live Corrie

Am I the only one who had a tear in my eye?

This has to be the best live televised acting ever produced.

I didn't manage to watch it all, but not sure I'd go that far!
    Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
    +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

When did this start being called Corrie? Suddenly I am hearing this word everywhere. I assume it stands for Coronation Street and that there must be totty in it now because the acting was always awful and the plots depressing, like all soaps. I can't even listen to the theme tune to Eastenders and the Archers drives me nuts.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
        I can't even listen to the theme tune to Eastenders
        Did I mention that my mate's wife fell down the stairs last week, and then had a right go at him for not noticing? His excuse was that he simply thought he had heard the intro to Eastenders?

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
          Did I mention that my mate's wife fell down the stairs last week, and then had a right go at him for not noticing? His excuse was that he simply thought he had heard the intro to Eastenders?

Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
          +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

The only soaps I ever watched were Eastenders and Neighbours (as a student). However I thought Corrie was more light-hearted than Eastenders, which tries to be serious and dramatic the whole time.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
              When did this start being called Corrie? Suddenly I am hearing this word everywhere. I assume it stands for Coronation Street and that there must be totty in it now because the acting was always awful and the plots depressing, like all soaps. I can't even listen to the theme tune to Eastenders and the Archers drives me nuts.
              It has always been Corrie to us Mancunians, and always will be

One thing that got me though endless weeks of working away was seeing Corrie on the hotel / bar tv, always with an ear open for mentions of Wilmslow.

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
                Am I the only one who had a tear in my eye?

This has to be the best live televised acting ever produced.
                Wilmslow - it was the worst ham-acting I've ever seen!

But I did cry when Peter died. I must be hormonal..... again!
                Bazza gets caught
                Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
                  Wilmslow - it was the worst ham-acting I've ever seen!

But I did cry when Peter died. I must be hormonal..... again!
                  Ooh well I thought Leanne was good. Face like a bag of spanners mind.

What about when wheelchair girl stood up at the bar to announce the birth of Fizz's baby?! It's a miracle!
                  +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
                    Ooh well I thought Leanne was good. Face like a bag of spanners mind.

What about when wheelchair girl stood up at the bar to announce the birth of Fizz's baby?! It's a miracle!
                    I know... that was a bit odd.

Leanne was good - Molly was awful. I thought she'd never die.
                    Bazza gets caught
                    Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Working...
                    X