• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Christmas TV

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Christmas TV

Last night Malc and I took delivery of our seasonal edition of the Radio Times and this year I had first dibs with the marker pen.

Well what a disappointment, the number of annotations to said periodical that are attributable to me can be counted on one hand.

Where are all the old classics that we all used to enjoy together as a family? Are they perhaps not edgy enough? Where are Abbott and Costello? Where's the. Christmas ghost story? Where is the big ticket Christmas afternoon film? I can't even find Morecambe and Wise (at least the Railway Children is on).

So, I'm off to Amazon but, first, I'd need to ask a question. What was that wonderful, wonderful comedy series from the 1990s by Roy Clarke that was based on the exploits of a patrolman in the early days of the motor breakdown services? That's the one on my wish list but I can't remember it's name.

Can you get BBC1 in CZ?
    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
      Can you get BBC1 in CZ?
      Cz?

Comment

I have no idea which tv series you are referring to, however if you are looking for wholesome family entertainment from yesteryear I've heard Love Thy Neighbour is rather good.

Would it be impertinent to ask what you are buying Malc for Christmas?
        +50 Xeno Geek Points
        Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
        As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
          Would it be impertinent to ask what you are buying Malc for Christmas?
          We are both big fans but if you can't get the real thing, 2nd best will have to do
          Last edited by gricerboy; 10 December 2010, 11:14.

Comment

As a kid that was one of the highlights of christmas, getting the Radio times and checking out all the films you were going to watch that you would never see the rest of the year and i still do it to this day but for my Kids it has no meaning to them at all, i suppose it must be because they are of a generation where everything is availble 24/7, i often wonder when they get older will there be anything they do to remind them of christmas past

Comment

Working...
            X