• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sockie engineering

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sockie engineering

So, at least two independent IP addresses (you've tapped into the neighbour's unsecured WiFi), created accounts and gotten past the first few posts being moderated. Lurk for a bit while posting on another account, have a dictionary and thesaurus on the desk to help with writing styles (not that it seems to help).

So why? In case one account gets banned you can switch to another? Indulge your alter ego for a bit for whatever means? To entertain (fail).

Can't see that it's worth the effort.
    Me, me, me...

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
    So, at least two independent IP addresses (you've tapped into the neighbour's unsecured WiFi), created accounts and gotten past the first few posts being moderated. Lurk for a bit while posting on another account, have a dictionary and thesaurus on the desk to help with writing styles (not that it seems to help).

So why? In case one account gets banned you can switch to another? Indulge your alter ego for a bit for whatever means? To entertain (fail).

Can't see that it's worth the effort.
    Yeah me either, seems a bit too much effort.

Comment

Originally posted by freelancer75 View Post
      Yeah me either, seems a bit too much effort.
      Was hoping for some tips from someone so obsessed with this forum.
      Me, me, me...

Comment

Encrypted proxy. Something like 'hidemyass' is a favourite of RC's I believe. Tell me I'm wrong RC.
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
          Encrypted proxy. Something like 'hidemyass' is a favourite of RC's I believe. Tell me I'm wrong RC.
          I was under the impression - according to comments from others - the IP spoofing sites own IP addresses were blocked a long time ago.

Originally posted by The Wikir Man View Post
          Hide My Ass! Free Proxy and Privacy Tools - Surf The Web Anonymously

Some fora will automatically block it (e.g. CUK) because if you are using it, you're probably up to no good.
          My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
            I was under the impression - according to comments from others - the IP spoofing sites own IP addresses were blocked a long time ago.
            Oh. Ok.

You would know most.
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
              Oh. Ok.

You would know most.
              You are confusing yourself with f75.
              My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Psst... there is actually a sockie black market on CUK - the rates for a clean unused sockie are going through the roof at the moment...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                  Psst... there is actually a sockie black market on CUK - the rates for a clean unused sockie are going through the roof at the moment...
                  You still renting them rather than buying your own alexei?

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                    You still renting them rather than buying your own alexei?
                    It is a sensible strategy given their short lifespan...

Comment

Working...
                    X