• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cancel Xmas: We'll all be dead from Swine 'Flu anyway

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cancel Xmas: We'll all be dead from Swine 'Flu anyway

Done your Xmas shopping yet? No? Then don't bother.

We'll all be dead by Christmas:

Concern As 10 People Die Of Swine Flu (H1N1) In UK In Six Weeks

Fear of another H1N1 influenza epidemic, also known as swine flu, has been expressed by some health experts in the UK after the country's Health Protection Agency (HPA) confirmed that ten people have died after becoming infected over the last six weeks. The HPA confirms that the H1N1 virus is circulating again this winter.

The number of H1N1-infected patients with severe symptoms is starting to grow, the HPA informs. Individuals under the age of sixty-five have a higher risk of developing complications.

Head of Respiratory Diseases at the HPA, Professor John Watson said the virus has spread more rapidly than he would have expected.

English media report that eight schools and an Army barracks have been affected by flu outbreaks this week.

People throughout the United Kingdom are being urged to get their flu jab if they have not done so already.

Great Britain was one of the first countries hit by the swine flu pandemic which originated in Mexico last year. During its peak, over 100,000 new cases were being reported each week across the UK.

According to The Independent, 494 people died in the UK of swine flu during the pandemic.
    My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Well, they kept it quiet...

*cough*

Comment

According to The Independent, 494 people died in the UK of swine flu during the pandemic
      UK...............population 60 Million............494 died....................pandemic...............MMM MMMMMMMMM!!!

Slow news day?

pan·dem·ic (pn-dmk)
      adj.
      1. Widespread; general.
      2. Medicine Epidemic over a wide geographic area and affecting a large proportion of the population

Scaremongering
      “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

didn't we all die from this last year?
        "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

Just got back from the quacks. I've been ill for over 14 weeks, gradually sinking lower and lower and lower. I had a raft of blood tests, and to be fair after constant bed rest I am now starting to recover.

All of my blood tests were fine, including liver function

My white blood cell count was high which lead the doctor to conclude that I had been fighting off a virus. I asked the doctor what kind of evil bastid virus would fook me over for 14 weeks. The answer was swine flu.

"It often manifests less severely than seasonal flu, but goes on and on and on"

Then cheerily she said there had been quite a few deaths locally owing to swine flu, and the main thing is that I am on the mend.

Thank heavens SY02 and none of the little SYs had it.
          Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
            Just got back from the quacks. I've been ill for over 14 weeks, gradually sinking lower and lower and lower. I had a raft of blood tests, and to be fair after constant bed rest I am now starting to recover.

All of my blood tests were fine, including liver function

My white blood cell count was high which lead the doctor to conclude that I had been fighting off a virus. I asked the doctor what kind of evil bastid virus would fook me over for 14 weeks. The answer was swine flu.

"It often manifests less severely than seasonal flu, but goes on and on and on"

Then cheerily she said there had been quite a few deaths locally owing to swine flu, and the main thing is that I am on the mend.

Thank heavens SY02 and none of the little SYs had it.
            Why don't you take a month off? You are a contractor you know.
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
              Why don't you take a month off? You are a contractor you know.
              Good idea.

I found this

Health chiefs have urged people to take up the flu vaccine after it emerged that the swine flu virus which swept the country last year has claimed the lives of 10 adults in the UK in the past six weeks.

The Health Protection Agency (HPA) confirmed that the deaths were in younger adults under 65 and associated with H1N1 swine flu.

Most had underlying conditions but "a small proportion" were healthy before contracting the virus, a spokeswoman said.
              Last edited by suityou01; 14 December 2010, 09:48.

Comment

The swine flu vaccine has been included in the standard seasonal flu jab so if you've had that you're covered.

I'm alright Jack.
                Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
                  The swine flu vaccine has been included in the standard seasonal flu jab so if you've had that you're covered.

I'm alright Jack.
                  Nope, don't have it. I don't believe in flu jags.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                    Nope, don't have it. I don't believe in flu jags.
                    I am witness to the great needle, it has saved me from grave illness.

Have faith brother suity.
                    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Working...
                    X