• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Weak landlord

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weak landlord

This is it. The bedwetter post that D000gh was waiting fror, here it is.

Not sure how it will fit in with those posters that would suggest I need to stand my ground, as I did.

So I was in the pub tonight and I put my coin down on the pool table and waited my turn, after an hour my turn was due (as I was keeping tabs on things) and my turn was taken by someone else (part of the new family of Irish (Dubliners, possibly pikeys)) that now seem to own the pub - the same folks that gave me the grief initially. My turn was denied by all of them.
    I moaned.

Apparently my fifty pence piece had been swapped for a ten pence piece and I was actually on next. (This happened in my absence apparently). I moaned, and then waited patiently.

It was then apparently not my turned and some fat lad in a beeny called Mike said it was his turn. I tried to explain.

I explained.

I moaned.

They got stroppy,

They offered me outside.
    I lost it. Properly. Went postal.

SY02 rang me and asked for an update, and upon learning it asked me to come straight home.

I refused.

I went outside and offered them out as well, went proper mental. Proper lost it.
    Proper out of character for me, but I had had enough.

They backed off, cowards that they are.

The landlord appeared, and barred me for the evening.

Strange as the other night they appreared, offered out the captain and he (26 year old landlord) just said we should just sort it out ourselves.

Weird how when his profligacy amounts in a tearup he bars the victim and entertains the scum.

I have no option but to vote with my feet. I know others have problems with these plebs, and when word gets round what has happened I know others will also vote with their feet.

Sad when you consider the landlord (26) just needs to grow a pair and manage his pub.

Still, when his tenure ends there willl be some other poor soul (hopefully) to resume management of the pub and hopefully they will do a far better job.

Bollockless scumbag
    Added poll to wrong blasted thread?
    14.29%
    Shouldn't drink and mod?
    28.57%
    AndyW would be a better mod.
    57.14%

The poll is expired.

Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Time to find another pub. It's really not worth getting arrested ...
    +50 Xeno Geek Points
    Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
    As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

I agree.
      And when you do find another pub, make sure their understanding of the coin-based queueing system is the same as yours before you start throwing stools around. Even though our headmaster made sure we all understood the pool-table-coin-lineup before we left primary school, it's not always a good plan to delegate your communication with your fellow man to a shiny metal disc.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
        This is it. The bedwetter post that D000gh was waiting fror, here it is.

Not sure how it will fit in with those posters that would suggest I need to stand my ground, as I did.

So I was in the pub tonight and I put my coin down on the pool table and waited my turn, after an hour my turn was due (as I was keeping tabs on things) and my turn was taken by someone else (part of the new family of Irish (Dubliners, possibly pikeys)) that now seem to own the pub - the same folks that gave me the grief initially. My turn was denied by all of them.
        I moaned.

Apparently my fifty pence piece had been swapped for a ten pence piece and I was actually on next. (This happened in my absence apparently). I moaned, and then waited patiently.

It was then apparently not my turned and some fat lad in a beeny called Mike said it was his turn. I tried to explain.

I explained.

I moaned.

They got stroppy,

They offered me outside.
        I lost it. Properly. Went postal.

SY02 rang me and asked for an update, and upon learning it asked me to come straight home.

I refused.

I went outside and offered them out as well, went proper mental. Proper lost it.
        Proper out of character for me, but I had had enough.

They backed off, cowards that they are.

The landlord appeared, and barred me for the evening.

Strange as the other night they appreared, offered out the captain and he (26 year old landlord) just said we should just sort it out ourselves.

Weird how when his profligacy amounts in a tearup he bars the victim and entertains the scum.

I have no option but to vote with my feet. I know others have problems with these plebs, and when word gets round what has happened I know others will also vote with their feet.

Sad when you consider the landlord (26) just needs to grow a pair and manage his pub.

Still, when his tenure ends there willl be some other poor soul (hopefully) to resume management of the pub and hopefully they will do a far better job.

Bollockless scumbag
        Good on you for standing up for yourself!! What I don't understand is why you bother going down there on your own? You know you are going to get grief. Doesn't sound like much fun playing pool with idiots who might start a fight. Why not do like everyone else and have a few cans in the fridge at home.

Comment

Groan.

Buy a chalk board and chalk. Write "Pool(No name, no game)" on top of it and give it to the landlord with the words 'This should stop all the nonsense with the pool table'
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

They would be spending more money that you, that's all.
            Plus you wouldn't likely come back late at night and firebomb the pub.

Rhubarb

Comment

I moaned.
              So you went down the pub on your own on a sunday night, and waited for an hour to play pool against someone from amongst a group of ruffians that you do not like? What sort of a cretin does that?
              Sorry, this does not stack up and smacks of you concocting a story to try and help you lose your bedwetter status.
              Fail!!!!!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Time to move on, give it a miss or something nasty is going to happen (unless you are a 6'4" 18st fighting animal)

No point going postal over a game of pool with them, perhaps they got the response they wanted.

Comment

At the risk of being accused of becoming an illiterate troll again...

Why do you put yourself through this?

There are many places I went as a younger lad that I wouldn't go to these days, mainly because I wouldn't fit in anymore. I am no longer the landlord's target audience. I'm not there each day filling the fruitmachine, jukebox, pool table and till with my hard earned/ill gotten gains and as such, I no longer get to influence the volume of the music or the sport on the TV. It's not necessarily because the place has changed but more likely I have.

You don't like the people who frequent the place, yet you choose not only to return but also it find some way of interacting with them causing confrontation... Why do ths?

If I go somewhere and it's filled with tw@ts, I go elsewhere. If the landlord of a local goes downmarket to gain the business of scum, I go elsewhere. If someone turns my favorite "Red wine and red meat" type eatery into a chucky cheese (are they in the uk?) I go elsewhere.

Think you need to move on or either you'll get a kicking or you'll simply stop enjoying going out completely which spoils the point somewhat.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
                    Time to move on, give it a miss or something nasty is going to happen (unless you are a 6'4" 18st fighting animal)
                    aye. spot on.

jeez the thought of 'offering them out' makes the hairs on the back of me neck stand on end. Do you have no dirty tricks, weaps , element of suprise training at all?
                    if you do insist on going down this route, try smiling, edge closer, say 'I'm going now, me nan is in hospital, me dogs died and my sister has leukemia', then NUT. stick the ead on the bridge of his nose

make sure you wear clean undies before you go out though. My nan always used to say, wear clean undies in case you get run over and end up in intensive care

(\__/)
                    (>'.'<)
                    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Working...
                    X