• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Feeling yuck, and got the Permies Christmas lunch to get though….

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feeling yuck, and got the Permies Christmas lunch to get though….

Went to bed at 5:30pm until 5am as had a dodgy curry on Saturday night. Also felt a little coldy-flu’ey over the weekend.

Felt fairly ropey yesterday morning, went to Body attack – seemed to sort me out for an hour or so, then I wiped out quite literally, crawled to bed from 1-3, before going to mum’s for tea I could not eat and driving back 10 minutes later.

Still managed to limp into work – why I did not take it as a permie paid sick day I have no idea.

Think I may have been overdoing things at the gym – scales were half a stone lighter than normal this morning, I think I am proper dehydrated, so drinking loads of water.

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
    why I did not take it as a permie paid sick day I have no idea.
    Why indeed. Still, gives you the chance to annoy the neighbours during daylight hours for a change. Knock yourself out.
    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Are you taking your partner Wilmslow ?

Its not a good idea to go to a works do on your own. You might get preyed on by some predatory female

(\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
        Went to bed at 5:30pm until 5am as had a dodgy curry on Saturday night. Also felt a little coldy-flu’ey over the weekend.

Felt fairly ropey yesterday morning, went to Body attack – seemed to sort me out for an hour or so, then I wiped out quite literally, crawled to bed from 1-3, before going to mum’s for tea I could not eat and driving back 10 minutes later.

Still managed to limp into work – why I did not take it as a permie paid sick day I have no idea.

Think I may have been overdoing things at the gym – scales were half a stone lighter than normal this morning, I think I am proper dehydrated, so drinking loads of water.
        You felt ill, but did exercise anyway. What do you want, sympathy?

Boo hoo.

Go home and recover, don't pass your germs on to the other poor buggers in your office.
        Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
        +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
          You felt ill, but did exercise anyway. What do you want, sympathy?

Boo hoo.

Go home and recover, don't pass your germs on to the other poor buggers in your office.
          Excercise normally makes me feel better when poorly - never faced fatigue like that in my life befor though - quite scary!

Seriously thinking about going tonight, but know I really just need a chilled out evening in the sauna and spa instead.

Comment

I was always told it was dangerous to exercise hard when ill. Maybe that's bunk though, anyone know?
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              I was always told it was dangerous to exercise hard when ill. Maybe that's bunk though, anyone know?
              Leave Bunk out of it!

Dunno about dangerous, but it sounds stupid.
              Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
              +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

It's your colleagues I feel sorry for. They went to all the trouble of poisoning you and you're still turning up to their Christmas party.

Hope that doesn't sound unsympathetic.

Comment

You're whinging about going to the permie Xmas lunch?

FFS, you're a permie!

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    It's dangerous for me to exercise anytime

Comment

Working...
                    X