• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Chef's top tips

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chef's top tips

Top tip on how to annoy the girlfriend:

wait until the day of her extremely important job interview, then get on a train to goto work 400 miles away with both sets of car keys in your pocket leaving her to realise what has happened just as she was about to leave the house for said interview approx 1hrs drive away..

For added bonus points ensure that you drop and break your phone at the weekend and are waiting for the replacement to be delivered the day afterwards for maximum "uncontactable" impact.

Anyone else having as good a day as me?
    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Ooops.

Did she/can she make it to the interview?
    Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
    +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
      Ooops.

Did she/can she make it to the interview?
      it seems deducting the expletives from her emails that she's borrowed a colleagues car (she didn't have time to hire one) who is part of a car share between several but needs the keys back by tomorrow evening for another interview on weds morning..

the cost of flying back tonight and returning on the 6am flight tomorrow morning using my airmiles is cheaper than the postage with DHL so that looks like the option to go for..

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
        Top tip on how to annoy the girlfriend:

wait until the day of her extremely important job interview, then get on a train to goto work 400 miles away with both sets of car keys in your pocket leaving her to realise what has happened just as she was about to leave the house for said interview approx 1hrs drive away..

For added bonus points ensure that you drop and break your phone at the weekend and are waiting for the replacement to be delivered the day afterwards for maximum "uncontactable" impact.

Anyone else having as good a day as me?
        Hope you locked her in the house as well.

Comment

I too left for the train this morning with the car keys in my pocket. Luckily the spare is at home so other half could still go to work.

However, both of her bag/case keys are attached to the primary car keys so case is inaccessible! I'm a wally for not putting the car keys back but shes more of a wally for not separating the two sets of case keys!

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
          It's about time I changed this sig...

Comment

She's going to open that box by smashing it over your head by the sound of it.

Comment

this is less than 24hrs after I strongly disagreed that she thought I was forgetful and misplace things

Comment

I keep a spare key hidden in the boot, though to get to it would require smashing a window. [Which window would be best to break?]. Saying that, once when I was buying a car a lady approached the salesman and requested that her car be unlocked because she had lost her keys, and he did so in seconds. That was a while back though.

Comment

phone some bloke up near where you live, tell him a 57 year old bloke has been screwing his 17 year old daughter.

When he arrives tonight to cut your nuts off, explain it was all a mistake and ask him to drop some keys off for you

sorted

(\__/)
                  (>'.'<)
                  ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
                    this is less than 24hrs after I strongly disagreed that she thought I was forgetful and misplace things
                    Just claim the conversation never happened.

Comment

Working...
                    X