• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New Climate Model from NASA scientists

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Climate Model from NASA scientists

shows warming will be low even after doubling CO2:

New NASA model: Doubled CO2 means just 1.64°C warming ? The Register
    I'm alright Jack

Great shivering hockeysticks!!!!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

In other Climate news.....

Al Gore could become world's first carbon billionaire - Telegraph

Kerrrrrrrrrchiiiiiinggggggggggggg!

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        In other Climate news.....

Al Gore could become world's first carbon billionaire - Telegraph

Kerrrrrrrrrchiiiiiinggggggggggggg!
        I must admit to being slightly disappointed with myself for not spotting this scam earlier and booking myself a seat on one of the greatest gravy trains in history.
        You won't be alerting anyone to anything with a mouthful of mixed seeds.

Comment

shocking isn't it that the world having been around for the past 2 billion odd years is actually capable of coping with relatively small changes in various parameters.

and to think the humans thought they were soooooo clever...

Oooh look apparently this is old news...

Comment

Meanwhile there was a bloke on One Planet on the Word Serviee the other day saying how the results of the NASA 10-year analysis of temperature / CO2 / cloud cover show that CO2 has no effect on temperature because the increased cloud cover completely negates it.

Believe what you want. It's all just a heap of wank™.
            My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

It's an interesting development, but there's one small problem....

There are hundreds of variables affecting our climate, always have been , always will be.

Why oh why did the greens pick on CO2 ? I dont know why. But as the evidence on C02 comes in, it will make those greens and their claims look foolish.

We need a lot more focus on the other variables, forget CO2

(\__/)
              (>'.'<)
              ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                It's an interesting development, but there's one small problem....

There are hundreds of variables affecting our climate, always have been , always will be.

Why oh why did the greens pick on CO2 ? I dont know why. But as the evidence on C02 comes in, it will make those greens and their claims look foolish.

We need a lot more focus on the other variables, forget CO2

CO2 is one thing that really is rising hockey stick style though isn't it? Doomed.

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                  Why oh why did the greens pick on CO2 ?
                  Because that's how chlorophyll works, silly!
                  My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Due Diligence

I must admit to being slightly disappointed with myself for not spotting this scam earlier and booking myself a seat on one of the greatest gravy trains in history.
                    Per-leeze. Always amusing when the 'sceptics' fail to show even basic scepticism. Take some comfort, your chances of becoming a 'carbon billionaire' are about the same as Nobel Peace Laureate Al Gore's [who donates all profits from his prizes, books and movies to an educational charity, actually]. The Telegraph headline is based on this ....

Critics, mostly on the political right and among global warming sceptics, say Mr. Gore is poised to become the world's first "carbon billionaire,"
                    Yeah - and Barack Obama's trip to India cost $200 million a day.

Look - when a media outlet bases a headline on pure hearsay (polite word) is it not time to engage some of that much-vaunted 'scepticism'?

Here are two reasons to doubt the Telegraph group's ability to convey the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth about the business interests of major climate change players.

1. On December 20th, the Sunday Telegraph carried a long and prominent feature "Questions over business deals of UN climate change guru Dr Rajendra Pachauri." It's since been pulled.

The subtitle alleged that Pachauri has been “making a fortune from his links with ‘carbon trading’ companies”. The article maintained that the money made by Pachauri while working for other organisations “must run into millions of dollars”.

It described his outside interests as “highly lucrative commercial jobs”. It proposed that these payments caused a “conflict of interest” with his IPCC role. It also complained that we don’t know “how much we all pay him” as chairman of the IPCC.

Sadly none of it was true, natch and after a protracted complaints process involving libel lawyers and an audit of Pachauri's financial interests the Telegraph published an apology and retraction.

2. On 12th December the Telegraph published a story claiming that the closure of a steelworks in Redcar by the Tata group was motivated by a prospective £1.2 billion profit from carbon credits

Balony again. Here's the apology

Scepticism is a wonderful thing. Uncritically parrotting a headline is the opposite.
                    My subconscious is annoying. It's got a mind of its own.

Comment

Working...
                    X