• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ladies: Advice Required

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ladies: Advice Required

Some technical advice required regarding the decibel levels of hairdryers.

You see, we've been having some terrible rows recently. I'm a chronic insomniac and, once I'm asleep, the slightest thing wakes me and I struggle to get back to sleep again. Malc, on the other hand, is an early bird and gets up for work at 5am. Every other day he will wash his hair. And dry it. Herein lies the problem; the noise his hairdryer makes.

I thought I'd found a solution. I was hanging around the Scout hut the other night when I bumped into Brown Owl from the local Guide troop. As it happens she runs a hair salon and, as luck would have it, was about to replace her sit under hairdryers. These were, she assured me, very quiet indeed and I was welcome to help myself to one of them.

Indeed it is very quiet. The problem I now have is that now Malc has positioned it over my armchair in the sitting room and spends an inordinate amount of time sat underneath it. He has his breakfast under it, reads magazines under it and, by dint of it having a built in radio, listens to Chris Evans under it every morning.

I feel that this contraption is taking over our lives and I desperately need to find another solution. So ladies, can you recommend a silent hand held hairdryer? Do your other halves complain about the noise you make whilst drying your hair? Would you consider washing your hair at night instead of at the crack of dawn to please your partner?

Originally posted by gricerboy View Post
    Some technical advice required regarding the decibel levels of hairdryers.

You see, we've been having some terrible rows recently. I'm a chronic insomniac and, once I'm asleep, the slightest thing wakes me and I struggle to get back to sleep again. Malc, on the other hand, is an early bird and gets up for work at 5am. Every other day he will wash his hair. And dry it. Herein lies the problem; the noise his hairdryer makes.

I thought I'd found a solution. I was hanging around the Scout hut the other night when I bumped into Brown Owl from the local Guide troop. As it happens she runs a hair salon and, as luck would have it, was about to replace her sit under hairdryers. These were, she assured me, very quiet indeed and I was welcome to help myself to one of them.

Indeed it is very quiet. The problem I now have is that now Malc has positioned it over my armchair in the sitting room and spends an inordinate amount of time sat underneath it. He has his breakfast under it, reads magazines under it and, by dint of it having a built in radio, listens to Chris Evans under it every morning.

I feel that this contraption is taking over our lives and I desperately need to find another solution. So ladies, can you recommend a silent hand held hairdryer? Do your other halves complain about the noise you make whilst drying your hair? Would you consider washing your hair at night instead of at the crack of dawn to please your partner?
    If my other-half used a hairdryer I'd be worried, full stop.

Men do not need hairdryers, straightners etc. It took me over a year to get rid of Spods hairbrush but I did it.

Gricer - dump him and get a real man.
    Bazza gets caught
    Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
      It took me over a year to get rid of Spods hairbrush
      So Spod and Churchie are one and the same?

Comment

Originally posted by gricerboy View Post
        So Spod and Churchie are one and the same?
        Yep.
        Bazza gets caught

Comment

A very roundabout 'coming out' story indeed.

Anyway, how about a multi-purpose super silent hairdryer? Also useful when you annd Malc have indulged in some mutual pot noodling;

And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

It took me over a year to get rid of Spods hairbrush but I did it.

Comment

If my other-half used a hairdryer I'd be worried, full stop.

Men do not need hairdryers, straightners etc. It took me over a year to get rid of Spods hairbrush but I did it.

Gricer - dump him and get a real man.
              She set fire to my head!

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                Not quite.
                Bazza gets caught

Comment

Sorry but are we to imagine this character and 'Malc' in a full-on gay marriage type living arrangement or is it imagined as a sort of Morecambe and Wise sharing a bed in a platonic way sort of arrangement?
                  Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Originally posted by Alf W View Post
                    Sorry but are we to imagine this character and 'Malc' in a full-on gay marriage type living arrangement or is it imagined as a sort of Morecambe and Wise sharing a bed in a platonic way sort of arrangement?
                    I think as Mich said - Gricer just "came out" to us. So I'm going with full on gay-ness.
                    Bazza gets caught

Comment

Working...
                    X