• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

It is a fact that if a country gets snow dumped on it.....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is a fact that if a country gets snow dumped on it.....

....it doesn't work

Now Germany is brought to near standstill by 12 hours of solid snowfall (and they're not coping any better than us) | Mail Online

So all those tutting on the trains, saying "it's different in Norway".....it isn't....and yes when six inches of snow get dumped on Norway the trains stop there too.
    I'm alright Jack

Despite what the Daily Mail tells you, I got a taxi from the airport to my flat without issue late last night, this morning the trains were every 3 mins as usual and the ferry left on the dot.

Maybe I'm in a different Hamburg.

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
      ....it doesn't work

Now Germany is brought to near standstill by 12 hours of solid snowfall (and they're not coping any better than us) | Mail Online

So all those tutting on the trains, saying "it's different in Norway".....it isn't....and yes when six inches of snow get dumped on Norway the trains stop there too.
      Tory lies.

On the icy planet of Europa they have snow 3 miles deep! The bloody trains still work though!
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
        There's a different one?
        Sweet!!!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
          ....it doesn't work

This would never have happened under Hitler...

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
            Despite what the Daily Mail tells you, I got a taxi from the airport to my flat without issue late last night, this morning the trains were every 3 mins as usual and the ferry left on the dot.

Indeed you were lucky...

http://www.spiegel.de/panorama/0,1518,734458,00.html

Chaos in German means Chaos.

One day when you're driving up an "Autobahn" and it starts to snow you'll know what I mean.
            Last edited by BlasterBates; 14 December 2010, 14:23.
            I'm alright Jack

Comment

I was in Poland on the weekend when the snow hit the UK. On the Saturday night it was -23 and deep snow on the ground. Everything ran ok although flights were cancelled because of fog

The best of it was, I couldn't get to Gatwick from London, but had no problem driving from London the Liverpool to catch the flight from there instead
              Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

It's also fallacious for a Brit to say Germans are extremely efficient, they only look efficient compared to us as we are feckin' useless in the scheme of things.
                Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
                  It's also fallacious for a Brit to say Germans are extremely efficient, they only look efficient compared to us as we are feckin' useless in the scheme of things.
                  One of the things that surprised me most about Germany was how absolutely flipping useless all the bar staff were. None of them would have lasted 5 minutes in London serving at that speed.

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
                    One of the things that surprised me most about Germany was how absolutely flipping useless all the bar staff were. None of them would have lasted 5 minutes in London serving at that speed.
                    Maybe we should adopt the near 2 pint stein? More time drinking and less time waiting.

Maybe I was wrong about the Germans?
                    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Working...
                    X